What color sofa?
itzamelori
I have dark brown tile floor in my living room. It has a bit of black in it and is on the matte side. I currently have a biege microfiber sectional in there now which is in need of replacing. I have blue accent colors but I need to figure out what color to paint the walls and what color sofas to purchase. Any ideas?
PH Interiors, LLC
Select your sofa and then paint, taking cues from the color of the sofa. As far as sofa colors, you have a blank slate. Some people recommend keeping it neutral since a well built sofa is an investment and then use accents to add color or change the look.
November 20, 2012 at 6:21am   
itzamelori
Thank you. I was thinking since I have the ugly brown tile floor, I'd keep it in the beige family and I was thinking of doing some dramatic paint maybe a mediterranean blue wall and shades there of. I need to get leather, because I have a dog that uses that couch to sleep on most the day. I need something I can clean. The microfiber didn't work that well. Not sure if a taupe might work.
November 20, 2012 at 8:37am   
PH Interiors, LLC
Have you considered a large area rug that would cover most of the floor? One with some color/pattern that would distract your eye from the floor - works every time. It would be an inspiration for a new color scheme. I would start there.
November 20, 2012 at 8:59am