Need help with what to do with my great room wall!
kjwlandry
I am looking for some help with my great room wall. It's 18ft long by 9ft tall, we moved in our house over 2 years ago and have not made any progress on what to do with this space. I need the tv and speakers but as for the rest I am flexible. Any help is appreciated.
Monique Jacqueline Design
Hello!
I think that all the furniture needs to be pulled together. I also think that the two rectangular pieces need to be moved to the left wall. I think that their size would be more balanced to that wall space. What do you think about flanking the television with two or three rows of glass shelves? Get a longer piece of furniture for under the television and make it feel as though it is an entertainment center. Something along the lines of the Ethan Allen piece.
http://www.ethanallen.com/product?productId=5971735&categoryId=8002

Cheers!
m.
November 18, 2012 at 7:52pm   
standinginline
A few things I could see added...the chair to the left feels lonely and purposeless...why not make that a reading corner of sorts? Maybe a low profile glass cabinet under the tv for books or floating corner shelves for a small number of favorite books. A small table on the side of the chair by the wall with a small reading lamp will cozy up the space--no need for the floor lamp with up-lighting when you already have the recessed lights.

The couch console doesnt seem to be used for anything right now? I see some toys in the room too I think... Why not get shelving there instead with cubbies to put in baskets there for toys.
November 18, 2012 at 7:54pm   
Mary Wakefield
Have you thought about built in cabinets/shelving? The cabinets would be great for storage and the shelving for family photos, momentos, books, etc. Good luck :)
November 18, 2012 at 8:06pm   
I need help with a large/high wall in my great room
Currently we have a very large 3 piece wall unit with...
Need Help creating a storage wall in my great room
I am looking for already finished wardrobe doors for...
Need help for my large wall in great room
I have two side towers and a mounted flat screen in...
Need help with my boys room design. Thinking of doing an accent wall.
Room has high ceilings and currently is the same color...
What to put on this wall?
I am wondering what to put on the white wall to the...
Bored with my loung room- need help pls!!
Hello Experts, I need help with my loung please! The...
What kind/colour carpet?
We have a small terrace house, the down stair living...
curb appeal
What can I do to add more curb appeal?
help hide fence from porch, but also deal with strange grate in porch
The city mandated a light well on this side of house...