Flooring for sunroom
nanett1
We are in the process of building a 12 by 16 year round sunroom. It will be six foot windows along all walls except for the wall that enters into the kitchen. The ceiling will be white bead boarpound the few walls will be white as well, specifically pointing by farrow and ball. Our room will open into our kitchen which has dark hardwood floors
I am looking for suggestions for the sunroom floor. I am thinking of stone or tile. Any photos anyone?
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Here is the link to a houzz search on sunroom flooring: http://www.houzz.com/sunroom-flooring

Is your space traditional or contemporary? A slate look porcelain tile might work nicely.
November 19, 2012 at 5:29PM   
nanett1
My space is traditional. I had thought of large slate tiles but hesitated because I want it to be light and airy.
November 19, 2012 at 5:31PM   
Porcelain tile that comes in so many patterns would be great.

November 19, 2012 at 5:33PM     
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Some slate would look too dark. Thinking more of like this.

]
November 19, 2012 at 5:36PM     
nanett1
I see what you mean by the light slate. I also don't mind the idea of porcelain tiles that are a little fun as it is a room that I could take a few liberties with. Thank you
November 19, 2012 at 5:45PM   
Judy M
do a search on this site of travertine floor in the versailles pattern (AKA French pattern). a lighter travertine would look nice.
November 19, 2012 at 5:47PM   
C Wright Design
I'm with you on the light color and large format stone. In terms of stone, I much prefer limestone to travertine as there is less fill in the stone. An ashlar pattern would be beautiful in your traditional style home. The limestone would provide a neutral palette that you would never tire of and a space ready for some FUN color in the fabrics, art, and maybe even on the walls. If you prefer to use a ceramic tile that looks like limestone, one of my favorites is the Cappadocia tile from Ann Sacks. The size is approximately 12 x 24 and could be layed bond (like large brick).
November 19, 2012 at 5:56PM   
nanett1
Yes, I am looking at a slip covered crate and barrel sofa but I want to have two smaller chairs with colorful, patterned material...maybe ferns or flowers? I wll check out the limestone Ashlar pattern. I am loving all the suggestions!
November 19, 2012 at 6:01PM   
I think this is a beautiful sunroom with magnificent stone flooring.
November 19, 2012 at 6:04PM     
nanett1
I agree...stunning. Love the floor. I also have already purchase a Baker vintage bamboo and glass cocktail table and an antique table lamp with a pineapple wood base. I am loving all these suggestions. This is great!
November 19, 2012 at 6:09PM   
dcer
I agree with the above comments. A medium tone slate or porcelain would look nice.
November 19, 2012 at 6:17PM     
Need help to find floor for a three season sunroom , I live in the Nor
We are having a three season sunroom put in our home....
Three season sunroom floor
Can I use this floor in an unheated room on Long Island...
Floor tile layout pattern for sunroom (Kili Rust)
I would greatly appreciate help deciding on tile pattern...
Box spring covers...is custom-made the only option
My new upholstered bed frame has wooden side boards....
Need help picking a sunny yellow paint for retro kitchen
I have a Brady bunch kitchen. I am trying to select...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Kitchen splashback ideas???? HELP!!!
We have just painted our entire downstairs and finally...