Need curtains
krusetri
Help! I need curtains to flank the windows in my main living room (they overlook a lake and green foliage). They will be stationary, we need them for noise absorption and added interest. I've ordered a dozen different fabric samples but have become "dizzy" with choices. I have a young family and want to keep our house casual, fun and interesting...and not too "gray". Your thoughts and suggestions would be welcomed (other fabrics?)! Thanks! I'm loving the fabrics pictured. I'm worried it will get too busy or (on the other side) too blah. Help!

It is an open concept living area: kitchen, eating nook, entry and living room.
bamamom
I like the grey with white pattern. I think with your white slipcovers, the grey will be great and not to formal looking. The trellis patterns seem to be really in right now too.
   November 20, 2012 at 1:42PM
houssaon
I loke the multicolored one. It picks up on some of the colors in the fireplace.
4 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 1:51PM
Barnhart Gallery
I'd do pillows in both, but prefer the last, softer pattern at the window -- love it for your room, actually. Nice choices!
1 Like   November 20, 2012 at 2:13PM
cyndie
Use the gray fabric for windows...it's bolder and will have more impact. Pull BOTH these fabrics over to the sofas by having throw pillow covers made. I think you need to balance the pattern of the gray draperies and the multi colored stone fireplace with the patterned fabrics on the couches because otherwise the couches look too "solid", or lacking any rhythm, with pattern. I believe it will really pull it all together. These two fabrics look great together...one graphic and modern, one more fluid and traditional. Whatever you do, good luck..you have a great looking room started already!
2 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 2:14PM
krusetri
Ok. I was worried I'd get too light on that windowed wall if I stayed with the lighter fabric. But not too busy in a long panel? In contrast to the fireplace? I'm in these rooms most of the day....I've started to over-analyze the room. I appreciate your "fresh eyed" comments. This is another version in that same line.
1 Like   November 20, 2012 at 2:24PM
krusetri
wow! What a big help! I appreciate your suggestions!
   November 20, 2012 at 2:25PM
I'm into Jacobean so the multis both work for me. However, go as inexpensive as possible because curtains come and go. You don't want them to be in the investment category so you still have them 20 years later 'cause they were so expensive you couldn't justify replacing them.
2 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 2:29PM
Interior Expressions/ Nardelli Home Decor
Nice room!! The grey gemetric feels to dark..it is a lot of contrast with the furniture ... here is another geometric in a lighter grey .. kravit fabrics also has some nice lighter grey fabrics .. the print is busy on the window agree with using it for pillows. https://www.greenhousefabrics.com/images/mt.gif I would look around a bit more for a lighter grey for the windows.. hope this helps!
1 Like   November 20, 2012 at 2:32PM
   November 20, 2012 at 2:36PM
krusetri
Any thoughts for window treatments in the adjoining kitchen window? roman any of these fabrics?
   November 20, 2012 at 2:37PM
janishill
The type of treatment doesn't matter so long as the same fabric is used. So, by all means, go with a Roman Shade in the kitchen and panles in the living room.

I love the multi color you just posted. When you tire of the wall color just pick one from the fabric and paint for a completely differnt look.

Be sure to hang the panels high and wide as seen in the attached illustration.
4 Likes   November 20, 2012 at 3:08PM
mpoulsom
I like the last fabric you have pictured! :) Roman shades in the kitchen for sure!
   November 20, 2012 at 3:09PM
mpoulsom
btw...LOVE your house! Beautiful!
   November 20, 2012 at 3:10PM
victorianbungalowranch
I love the traditional fabric and if you look at Pottery Barn and other catalogues, these soft sort of patterns tend to read as a neutral in a room, but with more interest than something plain. I think it would be perfect for drapes in the living room and a valance or Roman blind in the kitchen. The other fabric and something similar to the drapes would be great for pillows, as was suggested before. But if you go bolder with the other, that probably will work too, but I would still keep the other for pillows, and the less bold fabric for the kitchen--it needs something soft in there.
   November 20, 2012 at 3:43PM
Lynda
I really like the mulitcolored pattern for your room. I also love your fireplace and bookcases. Could you tell me the dimensions (depth, height, length of fireplace and bookcases)? I am trying to design something similar in my new home. Thank you.
   November 20, 2012 at 4:07PM
mreves
I vote for the second choice after looking at the pictures on here. It picks up some of the tones in the fireplace and will warm it up.
   November 20, 2012 at 7:56PM
krusetri
Okay. Which one? My last choice is out of stock. Either of these curtain panel opens work?
1 Like   January 4, 2013 at 12:16PM
Monica Ellison
Very nice space. I would recommend the Blue Ikat pattern for curtains.
   January 4, 2013 at 1:36PM
Interiors International, Inc.
I love your choice with the geometric pattern. That will look great with your white furniture.
   January 4, 2013 at 1:40PM
the tan feels more beach home to me.. like both
1 Like   January 4, 2013 at 1:40PM
krusetri
Would you still do the blue ikat if I was doing both the living room and breakfast nook? Or is that over-kill?
   January 4, 2013 at 3:01PM
mpoulsom
blue
   January 4, 2013 at 3:24PM
janishill
Go back to your first post. The multicolored one is timeless and will give you more options with other accent items.

The blue ikat is nice, but I think it could be overwhelming.
   January 4, 2013 at 3:28PM
I am envisioning the blue drape going floor to ceiling..and seems make that room feel high / a ligher color would widen it.. what about a 2tone panel that was solid maybe sheer linen on the top with approx 30" blue ikat on the botton.
Love the View!!
1 Like   January 4, 2013 at 3:30PM
The Seventh Element Design Group
I like the second fabric, in a long run you will enjoy it more I think. you can still use the blue fabric to make cushions:-) I would also pick a nice rod and make ripplefold drapery panels. Definitely roman shade for a kitchen window.
1 Like   January 4, 2013 at 4:50PM
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
I like the geometric floral from your original question. It gives you lots of options. If it is not longer in stock then try to find something similar. I like that there are mutliple colors in it giving you mniore choices for other colors in teh room. I would not use the same fabric on the sofa but find a harmonizing fabric that will tie the room together.
Yes you can use the same fabric in the living, dining and kitchen. Just change up the style in the kitchen, use a roman shade there. hang all drapes at ceiling.
The two color patterns are more limiting, and the trellis pattern is hot right now and soon will not be. The second fabric was more timeless.
If you can, have the drapes professionaly made so that it will pleat correctly otherwise it will look cheap and you will be happier in the end with the custom drapes.
Good Luck. Your off to a good start!
   January 5, 2013 at 2:54AM
Can't decide - need some opinions, please! Curtains or no curtains?
Redid a window seat and just can't decide which way...
Need help with curtain rod/curtains with grommets.
Redoing livingroom and purchased aqua colored curtains...
I need curtains over my patio doors but hate net curtains.
We are about to get patio door in our kitchen. We live...
Window treatment help.
Hello there! I need help for a good window treatment....
What wall colour will suit grey tile floor
I am looking a wall colour around my kitchen and the...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Repainting inside of home
repainting my home. Need help on colors. like light...
Sofa too low for dining
Want to use a couch for dining. This one has a 19 1/2"H...