Need help to upgrade this kitchen and family room combo
moni7
Hi , I have recently changed the floor in kitchen from terracotta tiles to 12 X 24 porcelain tile has travertine print on it and it's in almond and bone colour combination. I want to change the counter top to cambria Quartz . Need some suggestion for cabinet colour, which stone to pick and what colour looks better on wall I have Pashmina from Benjamin moor in the living room that I want to continue in kitchen and family room. I am looking forward to any idea that can help me to upgrade my kitchen
anitajoyce
A white or beige color on the cabinets would update them and the kitchen even more. You could change the door handles to brushed nickel knobs and pulls or rectangle handles to update the kitchen also. What do you think of maybe painting the shelving by the fireplace in a chite or beige also. Do you have photos to post of the stone that you like ? Lovely fireplace.
November 20, 2012 at 4:33pm   
moni7
Yes I want to paint the shelving but the question is should it be same as cabinet in the kitchen or different . The stone I am thinking is either Bellingham but not sure how it goes with the back-splash I like the waves in granite but would prefer Cambria because it is maintainence free. Please take a look at the stone pics.
November 21, 2012 at 6:16am   
anitajoyce
The shelving doesn't have to be the same color as the cabinets, it depends on your taste. For me, since the rooms are open to each other, I would probably paint them the same if I use a white or beige color for consistency. Of the stone pictures, the one on the top left and the bottom one seem to work best with your tile color. The counter tops that you have now look very nice also. I Don't know what Cambria is? If Cambria is maintainence free , it sounds great! Are the pictures you sent Cambria? if not, Please show me what it looks like . Thanks.
November 21, 2012 at 6:27am   
lessismoore
Hello - are you keeping your back splash tile but replacing the coutertops then? Maybe you should consider bringing in some more gray (as in your fireplace stone, and the throw) into the kitchen. either in paint, counter, or even a new back splash as well (I think your 3rd pix is best option for counter). As for upgrading the cabinets - The cathedral style arching in the wood fronts makes it hard ... would you have ability to reface these with a more simple style that would more match the bookshelves style in the den? But of course, you have the cathedral style doors there too ... so whatever you do, change those to match kitchen.
November 21, 2012 at 7:40am   
moni7
Cambria is quartz It is man made product and made in united states.The pictures I have posted is Cambria I already have beige in the room I am thinking something grey Thanks for the input
November 21, 2012 at 8:33am     
anitajoyce
A grey would be nice on the shelves also.
November 22, 2012 at 2:40pm   
Need help coordinating combo kitchen/family room
My family room and kitchen are all one big room. We...
Need help:combo kitchen, breakfest nook, family room
Need a design jumpstart! Have no real direction here,...
Help for painting kitchen/family room combo
I have a very long combo space that I want to separate...
exterior question!
I dislike the color of our brick, it is very pink looking-...
I would like to ask you for an opinion of my paintings
It would be a great honour to invite you to my art....
HELP THIS ROOM PLEASE!
This room is all wrong. I was obsessed with this zebra...
Need advice for DR Chairs
I would like to add two more chairs at the ends of...