Need help for bathroom floor marbles .
Shahina
What colour marble wall would look best if the basin counter and the floor is Dark Emperador ?
Stoneshop
Try Crema Marfil. It's a very calm and soothing marble with not a ton of variation.

Here it's pictured on the walls and floor:

]
November 21, 2012 at 12:24PM   
Shahina
Hi Stoneshop ! Can you please tell me what is the difference between Cappucino marble and Emperador ? I saw them in a shop , they look same to me . But yes Emperador Dark looks much darker than Emperador. Will Emperador Dark look too dark for floor, basin counter and shower bench in a bathroom of 11ft x 8 ft size ? I already have Crema marfil type colour on the wall but it has some big ivory fibres with lots of variation in it's pattern ,what would suit with this wall ? I highly regard your suggestions.
November 21, 2012 at 4:35PM   
Stoneshop
Hi shahina,

Thank you so much for the compliment! Cappucino and Emperador marbles are simply different colors--just like Carrara and Emperador Dark are different colors. Different lots of each stone look different, which could explain why the Cappucino and Emperador Light slabs that you saw look similar. Every now and then, some colors will look very close to one another--it just tends to happen because of the natural variation.

No, I do not think that Emperador Dark would be too dark for your bathroom, as long as you keep the other tile and paint colors on the lighter side. I have attached photos of Emperador Dark marble bathrooms for you to see. It is a very beautiful and sophisticated stone.

When you mention the Crema Marfil color on the wall, are you referring to other tile that you already have on your walls?

[houzz=Emperador Dark Marble Vanity]
[houzz=Brown Marble Bathroom]
November 23, 2012 at 7:53AM   
Shahina
Hi , I am really impressed with your suggestions ,they are very helpful to understand the nature of stone. Yes I mean the wall tiles of my bath is something similar to Crema Marfil or light Parleto but has big fibres at places. I want to change the floor, basin counter ( this does not have any wooden cabinets under it , drop wall is 12" ) , the shower bench , basin counter adjacent low height shower wall . My dilemma is what colour marble would look best . Apart from Emperador shades do you have any other suggestions for me ? Urgent reply is requested.
November 23, 2012 at 5:50PM     
Stoneshop
Thanks, shahina! Other than the Emperador Dark, I would also recommend either Damby Imperial or Calacatta Gold. They are both much lighter in color. However, the Emperador would still be my first choice.

Here is a photo of the Damby Imperial used on a floor and bathtub:
[houzz=Andrea May Hunter Gatherer]

Next is a photo of a Calacatta Gold shower:
[houzz=Carrara marble]

Best of luck!
November 24, 2012 at 8:56AM     
Shahina
Thanks Stoneshop . I am taking your suggestion as final selection. I would use medium Dark brown Emperador for my bathroom.
Now my dear guide, I need your help for my another bathroom in the house. This one is for the guests. Size is 10ft x 8 ft . Height is 9.5 ft.
I want to use all same colour marble for walls, floor, shower space, basin counter . Ceiling is White painted with some spot lights. Basin ( under counter ) is White also.
Which marble will look best ? In my nearby shop, I can get Pink Boticino, Beige Parleto , Emperado ,
different shades of Carrara . I want to avoid White Carrara, because difficult to maintain.
Waiting for your suggestions !
November 24, 2012 at 8:02PM   
Stoneshop
Hi Shahina,

Please post pictures of your bathroom once it is finished! :)

For this other bathroom, white is very popular right now. White kitchens and bathrooms are popping up everywhere, and they generally look very beautiful. However, if this bathroom gets a great amount of use, for maintenance purposes white may not be the best choice. Considering that you want to use the same stone for everything, I would choose the Beige Perlato. It has some lovely veining/movement, and it will give you some flexibility for decorating.

Good luck!
November 27, 2012 at 9:52AM   
Help with curb appeal
Just bought new home a few months ago. I dug out some...
What colors coordinate with Benjamin Moore's Hale Orange?
I love this color and want to use it in my dining room....
Need to warm this space up
I need a little help. This space needs some design....
What the nook!?
Hello all! Not sure what to do with the little nook...
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...