Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shahina

Need help for bathroom floor marbles .

Shahina
11 years ago
What colour marble wall would look best if the basin counter and the floor is Dark Emperador ?

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Stoneshop
    11 years ago
    Try Crema Marfil. It's a very calm and soothing marble with not a ton of variation.

Here it's pictured on the walls and floor:

[houzz=
    Elegant Master Bathroom · More Info
    ]
  • Shahina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hi Stoneshop ! Can you please tell me what is the difference between Cappucino marble and Emperador ? I saw them in a shop , they look same to me . But yes Emperador Dark looks much darker than Emperador. Will Emperador Dark look too dark for floor, basin counter and shower bench in a bathroom of 11ft x 8 ft size ? I already have Crema marfil type colour on the wall but it has some big ivory fibres with lots of variation in it's pattern ,what would suit with this wall ? I highly regard your suggestions.
  • PRO
    Stoneshop
    11 years ago
    Hi shahina,

Thank you so much for the compliment! Cappucino and Emperador marbles are simply different colors--just like Carrara and Emperador Dark are different colors. Different lots of each stone look different, which could explain why the Cappucino and Emperador Light slabs that you saw look similar. Every now and then, some colors will look very close to one another--it just tends to happen because of the natural variation.

No, I do not think that Emperador Dark would be too dark for your bathroom, as long as you keep the other tile and paint colors on the lighter side. I have attached photos of Emperador Dark marble bathrooms for you to see. It is a very beautiful and sophisticated stone.

When you mention the Crema Marfil color on the wall, are you referring to other tile that you already have on your walls?

[houzz=
    Emperador Dark Marble Vanity · More Info
    ]
    [houzz=
    Brown Marble Bathroom · More Info
    ]
  • PRO
    Stoneshop
    11 years ago
    Thanks, shahina! Other than the Emperador Dark, I would also recommend either Damby Imperial or Calacatta Gold. They are both much lighter in color. However, the Emperador would still be my first choice.

Here is a photo of the Damby Imperial used on a floor and bathtub:
    [houzz=
    Andrea May Hunter Gatherer · More Info
    ]

Next is a photo of a Calacatta Gold shower:
    [houzz=
    Carrara marble · More Info
    ]

Best of luck!
  • Shahina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Stoneshop . I am taking your suggestion as final selection. I would use medium Dark brown Emperador for my bathroom.
    Now my dear guide, I need your help for my another bathroom in the house. This one is for the guests. Size is 10ft x 8 ft . Height is 9.5 ft.
    I want to use all same colour marble for walls, floor, shower space, basin counter . Ceiling is White painted with some spot lights. Basin ( under counter ) is White also.
    Which marble will look best ? In my nearby shop, I can get Pink Boticino, Beige Parleto , Emperado ,
    different shades of Carrara . I want to avoid White Carrara, because difficult to maintain.
    Waiting for your suggestions !
  • PRO
    Stoneshop
    11 years ago
    Hi Shahina,

Please post pictures of your bathroom once it is finished! :)

For this other bathroom, white is very popular right now. White kitchens and bathrooms are popping up everywhere, and they generally look very beautiful. However, if this bathroom gets a great amount of use, for maintenance purposes white may not be the best choice. Considering that you want to use the same stone for everything, I would choose the Beige Perlato. It has some lovely veining/movement, and it will give you some flexibility for decorating.

Good luck!