Please help!!! I have a 2 tone brick home.. don't know what colors to use for gable, trim and porch...
Amanda
I feel the porch is too blueish/gray and the white is really boring for the trim.. roof is slate. Any comments as to colors to use?
You probably don't want to change the roof, so what will look good with it? Even before you get to the paint job, how about pulling out all of the clumpy shrubbery and getting the landscaping ready for next spring? I think you could use a wider set of steps and a non-concrete walk to up the curb appeal.
1 Like   Thanked by Amanda    November 26, 2012 at 2:03PM
Kathryn Peltier Design
I would probably be tempted to paint the light column brick, but I know that adds another layer of maintenance, so if you don't want to do that, then match your siding to that sand brick color. Trim the gable windows and the gable fascia board in one of these 3 colors schemes: a) a deeper version of the sand siding color b) the red brick color c)a deep gray similar to the roof.

To mix it up a little more than that, I also like this idea: match the sand brick on the siding, go 2 shades darker on the gable fascia and window flat trim (or deeper, depending upon how it looks in the light) and then paint the gable windows themselves to match the red brick. I'm not sure how to treat the other windows in the house. Since the only ones I can see are on the front porch, I would paint them a shade or two lighter than the sand brick. You could use this same color on the gable windows if you don't like the brick red idea. Paint the porch floor the brick red.

The front door should be an accent color. Given the brick colors, I think a nice blue-green would be nice. I think any dark color will disappear underneath the porch.

1 Like   Thanked by Amanda    February 8, 2014 at 4:51PM
Love your roof. How about everything that is white painted charcoal gray?

2 Likes   Thanked by Amanda    February 8, 2014 at 5:03PM
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...
outdoor bench
i am looking for a great outdoor bench L-shape design....
Does gray paint with low LVR similar to Pewter Revere exist?
I'm just discovering that there's so much to picking...
modern stainless steel railing around deck - how to light railings?
we just moved into our newly renovated modern house...