Flooring choice for active family
winda17
November 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
Martha - love your work. All of my faves in my Houzz folder are yours! I am struggling with a decision on new flooring for my 1930 Tudor. We have 2 active dogs and 3 messy teens so people are pointing me to stranded bamboo. Not sure it fits with the house and having hard time not going with wood. We are on cement so would have to be engineered wood. Any advice is so very much appreciated.
Martha O'Hara Interiors
Hi There! Thanks so much for your kind words. It's such a boost to our team when we see people responding positively to our work. When it comes to floor choices, we always defer to the experts- builders, remodelers, and subcontractors and we recommend that you do the same! In our experience, bamboo can scratch and dent easily. When we're after a durable hardwood floor, our preference is oak. You can do all sorts of fun things when it comes to your floor stain, so don’t think of this as a limiting choice. That said, check with the local professional helping you out and best of luck!

Martha O’Hara Interiors
www.oharainteriors.com
December 6, 2012 at 12:24PM   
My living room
We recently painted our living room gray to match the...
Help with exterior colors.
I am about to re-shingle my house. I'd like to paint...
How nice do we make the bathroom to add value before selling?
Small only bathroom. Complete overhaul, or just new...
Flooring options??
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas...