need help with kitchen chairs
jackinjen
November 22, 2012 in Design Dilemma
i have a white kitchen with a truffle color island, my floor tiles are a greyish brown. i have a open concept kitchen with family room. i was planning on doing a grey leather sofa and a white glass table . my problem is i dont know what color chairs to do since white would be nicest but totally not practical when have a family of kids . what should i do?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hi, Jackinjen! We wish you had photos, because it sounds like a really neat space! We're getting a mod feel from the description and based on that we thought we'd make a few suggestions as to how to get your white chairs (http://www.atgstores.com/dining-chairs_1473.html?option0=optionA=-15|-4~Valu&page=1) without worrying too much about spills. Below you'll see white chairs (clockwise from top left) in 1) polypropylene, 2) vinyl, 3) fiberglass and 4) non-upholstered wood (we know this last is traditional, but didn't want to pigeonhole ourselves!). We hope this helps give you some ideas and wish you luck!
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 11:30AM
collettec
It's difficult to say without pictures, but this might be the place for a pattern. It would give some contrast to the gray and you have a lot of possibilities.
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 11:55AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I am assuming that you mean chairs to put around a kitchen table, and not chairs to go along with the sofa. I like the chairs shown below and could even see you selecting 2 different colors of the same style chair, even if the colors are black and white. But they could also be yellow and orange. And with some of these chairs you could do all white.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Tolix Café Chair Curved Upholstered Chair | west elm The Fifi Chair Wrap Dining Chair
0 Likes   November 23, 2012 at 12:28PM