Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aarnold1247

Doesn't line up

Allison
11 years ago
Am I crazy or does the picture not line up structurally? This is two pictures melded for a concept, right? The barn door can never close with the bottom right side of the molding...
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (15)

• clayholm
    11 years ago
    Yes you are crazy.
  • jpdp72
    11 years ago
    I think it looks like it will work...but I don't know if that means you are crazy...
  • rndmcbride
    11 years ago
    The original picture looks like it has been photoshopped. This picture does not show the bottom of the door.
  • Darla Wuori
    11 years ago
    It doesn't look right. If you look at the bottom of the door trim it is going in a different direction than the top.
  • Dianne Ziegler
    11 years ago
    It looks weird to me. It looks like a poor photoshop job. Great idea!
  • PRO
    Su Casa Designs
    11 years ago
    This is not a photo shopped picture, but an actual door custom made for the homeowner.
  • Tanya Wieler
    11 years ago
    I think the bookshelf on the right is what's causing the confusion. I thought it was photoshopped (poorly) at first too but what seems to be the floor on the bottom right side of the doorframe is really just a wood shelf sticking out of a bookshelf... The doorframe continues down.
  • fancyface89
    11 years ago
    Dont see anything wrong here. Yh the shelf sticking out is what is causing the confusion. Love the barn door concept. Can i use it as a kitchen door?
  • homeopathetic
    11 years ago
    You ARE right! And, if you check the flooring, the two AREN'T the same material/color/style. I also find it disturbing. Poorly photoshopped. You have good spatial sense, a form of intelligence which, unfortunately, is not often measured on "IQ" scales.
  • myplaceone
    11 years ago
    If you follow the top of the barn door in your mind's eye, you can plainly see that it will close correctly. look towards the molding on the right edge that is around the opening.
  • myplaceone
    11 years ago
    The bottom is simply an optical illusion, I assure you it all lines up. Take your time.
  • homeopathetic
    11 years ago
    Thanks, myplaceone and others. I believe YOU are actually correct; I can see the edge of the bookcase (on the right), which was confusing to me. Thanks for being so assiduous in helping us "see straight."
  • dyuenger
    11 years ago
    H
  • myplaceone
    11 years ago
    What does "H" mean?