Lighting help please
rrjc03
So I have this lighting dilemma with the ceiling to my lobby. Right now there are 9 pot lights. The one half of the ceiling has sections where it goes higher and higher with 2 pot lights in each section.

I want to turn this area in more of a loungy type waiting room and want the lights to be accessible with a standard height ladder. Possible thinking keeping 2 pit lights on the lower section and then have pennant lights hanging instead of the other pot lights. Maybe stagger the heights a little bit.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Ryan
rrjc03
No ideas?
November 25, 2012 at 5:44PM   
rrjc03
Anyone?
November 26, 2012 at 7:30AM   
ATGStores.com
Hi, Rrjc! We would recommend getting a telescoping ladder (http://www.atgstores.com/telescoping-ladders-scaffolding-too_2072_oa0252110.html?linkloc=catheader&gpid=815869) and switching out the bulbs with variable-dimming LEDs before mixing can lights and pendants. It's hard to say whether the mix would look "correct" from the angle of the photo and without being able to see how the ceiling relates to the rest of the room. We hope this gives you some ideas and wish you luck!
November 26, 2012 at 11:44AM   
rrjc03
Thanks for the reply!

The ceiling is flat and then in sections increases in height by about a foot in each section. There are 2 pot lights in each section of ceiling. I would really like to get rid of the pot lights all together and just use pennant lights at staggered heights.
November 26, 2012 at 11:52AM   
ATGStores.com
No problem, Rrjc! We don't see the look you're describing all too often, but that doesn't mean it can't work! If you do go for it, though, we think your initial idea of keeping the cans on the lowest "level" or getting rid of them altogether may provide a cleaner look. If you're interested in looking at various pendants, we have over 15,000 mini pendants (http://www.atgstores.com/mini-pendants_439.html?linkLoc=topnav) and over 10,000 large pendants (http://www.atgstores.com/large-pendants_442.html?linkLoc=topnav). Pinpointing a style you like may help you decide on which design direction will work best for you. We hope this helps!
November 26, 2012 at 12:01PM   
rrjc03
Perfect yes I will def take a look at your selection. I may keep the lower pots but will def remove the old ones. Do you sell anything that will cover the pot light holes and allow the power cord to come thru it for the pennants? I'd rather not re drywall the ceiling.

Thanks,
Ryan
November 26, 2012 at 12:06PM   
ATGStores.com
Hi, Rrjc! Unfortunately, we don't sell covers, but we do sell many types of recessed lighting trims (http://www.atgstores.com/recessed-lighting-trims_329.html?) that can be browsed according to the size of your light cans. If you wanted to get creative, you may be able to drill a hole through a white/opaque covered trim, like those used for in-shower lights, but we would recommend asking a pro at your local building supply store, too. We certainly can't make any promises as to how that idea will look or whether it will work! We're just trying to think our feet. We hope these ideas help!
November 26, 2012 at 12:21PM   
rrjc03
Thanks really appreciate this :)
November 26, 2012 at 12:25PM     
Please, please help me decide on entryway lighting and placement!
Things have not gone exactly as planned while building...
Please help with decorating this light filled room with a curved wall
So we recently bought this house..the pics have staged...
Please help with lighting choices !
I love this Franklin Iron Works Ribbon Chandelier and...
Need help with recessed lighting, please.
Which looks best: ceiling recessed can light with a...
Please help. Recessed lights in kitchen
I need help placing the recessed lights in my kitchen....
Adding character to new construction
I know you can always add character with furniture,...
Backsplash ideas
My center island is glossy stormy night granite, our...
walk in closet - entrance dilemma
We are doing an addition to our home. The new master...
Need advise on living room update
Hi The pic shows how the living room looks now. Thinking...
Living room without a fireplace
We recently purchased a home and the great room/living...