Would a banquet style bench seating on the back and/or side wall maximize seating in 11'x12' dining space?
casitablue
I can seat 8 now with leaf in table 54" x 72" pedestal table, but would like to make this room function as a gathering space and improve it as a focal point of the living and kitchen area.
Maybe something like these on both left and right walls would increase sit space. You might need a square expandable table, though. Consider using two banquette benches with the table and the chairs for extra seating when needed.
Swoop Upholsterd Settee Loveseat Bench, Slate Velvet With Nailhead
Morrow Settee
November 25, 2012 at 4:40PM     
casitablue
Those are great options! I think overall the space would feel warmer with something like above. Really the current furniture is out of scale for the room, but I don't want to give up seating for special occasions.
November 25, 2012 at 5:18PM   
Anne Gibney
I have a round table that expands to seat 8 as well. I have a settee on one side of the table with 3 chairs around the other side. I would put your extra chairs beside your buffet. The settee provides more seating and is versatile. I am not sure about using two, you will then need to find uses and space for the chairs.
November 25, 2012 at 5:45PM     
Anne Gibney
One caution about the setters, many are designed as casual searing so be sure and check the seat height when buying or your guests will have their chins on the table:)
November 25, 2012 at 5:47PM     
Anne Gibney
Sorry for the typos
November 25, 2012 at 5:51PM     
sweetsy
I like the idea of the settee or perhaps have a banquette built on both walls where they meet at the corner (you might need a rectangular table though) but possibly not. Then use the chairs on the opposite side.

Love that pendant! It needs to be lowered (and centered. I realize you might be in the middle of changes and plan to lower & move it--I apologize if that is the case. Love the navy wall color-do you mind sharing the name/color/brand?
November 25, 2012 at 6:13PM   
casitablue
Thank you for your feedback. I like the idea of a built in banquet and may have sacrifice the table to improve the function. I'm glad you noticed the light fixture...I've been told it is too small for the space, so it is also on my "find an option" list. The paint color is actually an eggplant deep muted purple, but purple non the less. I understand why the previous owner used that color and it looks good in the area, but it is not a color that i would pick for my own color pallet.
November 26, 2012 at 7:27AM   
sweetsy
Thank you for your feedback. It's amazing how different paint color photographs! And now that you say it, the pendant is too small. If you decide you are changing it and want to sell it, I might consider buying it from you. I would need diameter etc. Let me know:)
November 26, 2012 at 8:33AM     
Natalie
Yes-it would maximize seating---I think something custom is what you're needing and a larger rectangular table with a pedestal base. Good Luck! Great Space by the way...[houzz=
]
November 26, 2012 at 8:49AM     
Need help to style this buffet
I don't like what I have on this buffet. Any suggestions? THis...
Exterior paint color
White? or Dark color trimmed in White? Siding is...
Help with new front door!
Not sure if we should go with a faux wood or black...
Most hideous gift you've received for your house?
Friends and family always have the best intentions,...