Color selection for master bathroom
jerrymcclelland
November 26, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Here are some pictures of our master bathroom. Rosewood stain cabinetts fossil green limestone counter top with brush nickel for faucets if that maters. Looking into painting a color with green tint. Alot of the greens seem to have grays in them. The greens with a blue tint seem to be softer. Master bath gets a lot of light. Thinking about carrining the green color into the bedroom with swiss coffee cielings or maybe the green one color down. I am horrible with colors.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Well, we designers are pretty good with colors but even if you had given us a picture, it's quite difficult to select a color from photos online. So I suggest you grab a couple of friends who have good taste and good color sense. You'll need to borrow a paint deck from the paint store, or at least pick up ALL the colors that are anywhere close to what you think you want.

Pour some wine or coffee and show them what you're up to. Ask their opinion on the colors they think would look best. Write them down, attaching their name to their selections, and that's because you're going to give a prize to the person who chose the color that is finally selected.

So with a list of perhaps 6 colors, you'll go to the paint store and buy sample jugs of each color. You'll also purchase enough poster boards on which to paint large samples. Put a code on each poster board indicating what color it is and who selected it. Then, get those same friends over for more wine or coffee to make the final selection. It's best to do this in daylight. You'll have fun and I hope you'll find the perfect color. I like your idea of going one shade lighter of darker from one room to the next.

If this fails, then call an interior designer!
November 26, 2012 at 5:53pm   
jerrymcclelland
Thanks for your advise thats what we did buting sample quarts of our best selections and painted various walls. Sorry for no pics the site is not allowing me to access my pic file.
November 27, 2012 at 2:25am   
PRO
They need to be sent as jpegs if you want to try again.
November 27, 2012 at 6:14am