What type of table should i put here?
skichiiwa
Sorry i deleted the last thread when i tried to upload a new picture. So i m restarting it again.
Round , oval square rectangle?
brown black white glass rustic wood/lumber?
chairs colour?

thanks for your help.
skichiiwa
A few have replied in my deleted thread with Oval or round table. Soften the area. im guessing white , light wood to lighten the room.
November 26, 2012 at 10:09pm     
Manon Floreat
I can see an oval tulip table working quite well. It's a classic, soft and the shape allows you to pull up a couple more chairs if need be.

November 26, 2012 at 10:58pm     
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hi skichiiwa, Marie here.
I'll start with asking you if you have an inspiration point - like a piece of art, or a toss cushion. It is obvious you can have any of the above, so next question would be - what's your price point you want to spend on this new furniture?

Round tables are always more hospitable, friendly. You don't have a patio door to contend with near the table, so that isn't a prerequisite.

I would do a credenza along the back wall where you currently have small pieces of art - then I'd do an elongated oval - because it softens all the hard angles in the space.
The credenza offers a focal point to this area where you can display a large piece of art, table lamps for ambient dining, and lures guests to come and sit there.

I'd start with that - then compliment with coordinating table and upholstered chairs if you don't have young children. Go to the pre-formed chairs for ease of cleaning if you do....good luck!
November 26, 2012 at 11:12pm     
skichiiwa
Im not sure what an insertion point is. my price point would be around 2000 or under

I do have door to the exit that you cannot see in the photo. faces the back wall

Those 3 pictures are only there till we find something we like to fill it. IM looking at this : http://www.greatbigcanvas.com/zoom/my-kingdom-is-not-of-this-world-john-1836,ml0180036/

I thought this would bring color in the area. red seems to contrast my dark colors well. Thoughts?

should my table chairs match the existing stool chairs to the island?
Should my table color be similar to the granite top?

thanks
November 27, 2012 at 3:43pm   
skichiiwa
any more ideas? help?
November 27, 2012 at 7:24pm   
TanCalGal
Large red painting will be nice.
With dark floors I like a dark table to "match the floors" and light chairs. See 2 photos nook Aqua Dining Room

The shape of the table is usually determined by the space you have and how many people you need to be seated. The dining area space from here looks long and narrow so I think a long narrow table. I would not bring more furniture into this space other than table & chairs. You need lots of room to pull chairs out and move around the table comfortable. You can use the granite area for buffet dinners.
November 28, 2012 at 11:32am   
GONZALO DE SALAS
As sculptor and high end furniture designer what can I tell but to invite you to see my tables.
I create modern and artistic furnitute, all custom made adapted in size, shape, materials and finish.

I have 3 different catalogs but i would recommend you the High Design Line.

I invite you to see them at www.gonzalodesalas.com/en

Here are some ideas
November 28, 2012 at 12:05pm   
skichiiwa
great thanks for the ideas. Do you thing because i have Black / dark leather chairs around my island it would clash if i have white chairs at the table?

thanks
November 28, 2012 at 1:04pm   
TanCalGal
It's better for the dining chairs to not match the bar stools. Throw a white towel over the dining chairs you have, & I think you'll agree contrasting chairs are a better look.

The nook photo has dark bar chairs and white dining chairs. (photo) kitchen

The other photo (aqua dining room) also has black bar stools and white dining chairs: see here Project: Cheshire
November 28, 2012 at 1:27pm   
skichiiwa
interesting . so a rectangle table top to match my floor and some white chairs. anyone disagree?
thanks
November 28, 2012 at 5:40pm   
what type of barstools or other chair should I put here?
This is a huge 1000 square foot basement with bluish...
What is missing here? What should I put on walls? WOW FACTOR!
This is my dining room area which joins my living room....
What kind of Mantel should I put here?
Mantel ideas on a rough stone fireplace. ...AND should...
What kind of lamp (lamps) should I put here?
Height wise I feel like a lamp that is the same height...
What style light should I put here?
I followed advice given from helpful folks here and...
What's your dream kitchen style?
Minimalist, farmhouse, traditional, rustic... Which...
What style chairs for our new dining table?
Which one of these chairs do you think would look best...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Looking for Wallpaper
Does anyone know where this wallpaper is from or were...
Dining Chair Question
Hi there! We have a chunky mango wood dining table...