What to do with this terrible backyard
Tom Berzins
The lawn has since been mowed, thats about it. Its a pretty big backyard, would be able to fit so much in. I would like to incorporate an outdoor sitting area and a bbq
Put your outdoor sitting area under the patio cover, it's the perfect place for it. A bbq could fit nicely to the right of the shed. Use pavers to create a path from the patio to the bbq. I would like to see the lawn edged with a border of flowers, low growing flowers will likely to be trampled on so use something with height, like calla lilies if they will thrive in your zone.
November 27, 2012 at 3:09am     
Nancy Hehmann
If you need to extend your patio and dont want to lay more concrete, you can use pavers for that as well. Purchase them at Lowes or Home Depot. Outdoor furniture - I would be sure to buy aluminum because it is lightweight and does not rust. Sunbrella fabric for the cushions b/c it does not fade as much as regular fabric.

For plants, go to more than one local nursery with the layout or picture of your yard. They can advise you on what plants grow in your area. I dont know if you are in an area to grow citrus ( see a palm like plant) but I sure would if you can. Bright and colorful and delicious. A nursery should be able to tell you how far to plant from fences and house too. Camellia trees or bushes have beautiful flowers if they grow in your area. We have some that have been blooming with beautiful pink flowers for the past month even though all the other trees are losing their leaves. Love them!

Have fun!
November 27, 2012 at 3:34am     
My navy burlap table runners are shedding terribly. What can I do?
I made these navy burlap table runners for my daughters...
Terrible slope in our backyard
Our backyard has a terrible slope coming down towards...
Need suggestion to hide a terrible backyard view
I just purchased a home, and the backyard is a decent...
What do I do with this backyard?
I would like some entertaining areas.
Teen Daughters Room
The room we are working with is 9 foot 1 by 12 feet,...
What to put on this wall?
I am wondering what to put on the white wall to the...
What size and position of window would work well here?
We want to replace a door that used to go out from...
Would you try temporary wallpaper?
Our office has been discussing the value of temporary...