Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellywalker

kellywalker
13 years ago
What is that transparent covering made of and where do you find it?
West Seattle cottage · More Info

Comments (6)

• Lily Gahagan
    13 years ago
    It looks like clear plastic corrugated roof panels to me.
  • megannmiller
    11 years ago
    They sell it at Menards or your local big box hardware store. We have it over our pergola. You have to slope the pergola slightly to get the water to run down. We love it. ours are "smoke" colored which look like they are lightly tinted car windows. This way you don't see the dirt as bad on top and they won't yellow.
  • onthecoast1
    10 years ago
    I believe these are fiberglass, although the clear may be something else -- another poster said they were "polycarbonate." Lowes and Home Depot carry these as well and they also come in opaque colors.
  • Megan
    9 years ago
    How is the beam attached to the post. I am building something very similar and want to go with a thick front beam on a 6x6 cedar post. Have you used some sort of simpson ties? Or just bolted them down from the top? Thanks.
  • PRO
    Post Frame Accessories
    9 years ago
    We offer polycarbonate sheets (very similar to, but better than fiberglass) in several tints on our website: http://www.postframeaccessories.com/polycarbonate.html. It is highly impact resistant and won't yellow overtime unlike fiberglass sheets which are similar but less expensive.
  • Heather PIombo
    3 years ago

can you also grow vines over it or does the polycarbonate heat up and burn the plants?