Remodeling bath
vlong
We are redoing our master bath. The maximum vanity size is 5 ft. Should I do double sinks....or.....1 larger rectangle sink? Thanks!
If you share this bath with your spouse, find a way to get double sinks in there. You won't regret it, I promise.
November 27, 2012 at 3:42AM   
vlong
Thanks for your input! I think we could live with a single,but very concerned if we should resale.
November 27, 2012 at 3:47AM     
Nancy Hehmann
Double sinks. You will like it better and if you resale, it will increase the value and the ability to sale the house more quickly. I am sure if you posted pictures you will get a ton of advice on your remodel. I absolutely love granite too! It really is amazingly beautiful and you can go to more than one place until you find something that really amazes you. Some granite shops will discount any remnants they have from bigger jobs too. Be sure to take granite or tile samples home to look at them in the lighting of your bathroom. Lighting can really change the color. Just took back tile that looked bone colored in the store but pink toned on the floor of the bathroom.
November 27, 2012 at 3:47AM     
Our master bath is the size of a peanut so I gave that one to my husband and I took the front bath. If I had to share a bathroom with him I would insist on my own sink. And if I were looking to buy a home, a single sink would be a deal breaker. Does that help?
November 27, 2012 at 3:52AM     
vlong
Carolina...Definitely, going to use granite! Thanks for the suggestion on remnants!
November 27, 2012 at 3:54AM     
creeser
Double sinks, especially for resale value. If you did the one sink, it would take up the whole top of the vanity and you'd have no space left for toothbrushes, etc. I just went through this thought process a few months ago. We ended up doing double bowl sinks and as much as I liked the look of the single "trough" sink, these have worked out much better.
November 27, 2012 at 3:55AM     
vlong
Very much olldbob.....
November 27, 2012 at 3:56AM     
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
We consider 66" the minimum size for double sinks. While you can cram them in, two sinks in a space smaller than that only look nice - they don't function well.
November 27, 2012 at 3:59AM     
Nancy Hehmann
Glad you liked my remnant idea. We just bought granite (again) to update a Bathroom. Have done it before. I had to go to more than one granite shop b/c some of them did not want to do a bathroom -they wanted a kitchen or nothing. But, I have also noticed that one that refused before is out of business. One good reason to take a sample too is that one sample I got literally crumbled in my hand. There are certain granites that are known to be popular too so I am sure they are more durable. Dont get me wrong I have had granite in my kitchen and another bath for years without any problem at all; but that one sample makes me careful.
November 27, 2012 at 4:05AM   
Need help with my living room!
I have a living room that I'm really trying to figure...
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...
Pocket or folded doors and windows
I like the pocket door/windows, but find them extremely...
Kitchen back splash area not level
Just installed new cabinets and granite counter top...
what to do with this room
This is the original living room of this 1930s Spanish...