Need furniture layout for long living room with walkway through it
parker11
I can't figure out what to get and how to place it in my living room. It is 28 ft long, 16 ft wide with two openings/walkways through it. One is on far end near fireplace and one is other end near foyer and piano. I can't decide if you go with one groupings or two groupings? Two couches facing each other? I want to keep the two tan chairs and then two black chairs but I need new couch (es) and rug. One rug? Two rugs?
TanCalGal
R U going to have TV in here? What is this room used for? You can go several different directions: 2 sofas, 1 sofa etc.
I like to work with what I have and not rush out an buy new stuff. Until you decide on furniture placement, remove the large vase & cabinet on side of fireplace & any small end tables. They will distract you from your important job of finding the best place for the furniture. I'd try (1) the sofa + coffee table facing the fireplace and the brown chairs on each side of fireplace angled toward the FP. Or (2) the sofa & coffee table centered in front of the window and the 2 brown chairs facing the sofa & 2 black chairs on each side of FP angled toward FP. Do I see another red sofa in the other room? (3) You could try the 2 red sofas facing one another (on each side of FP) and 2 brown chairs pretty much where they are now facing the FP.
If you don't like moving furniture make real size templates of your furniture and move that around.
November 28, 2012 at 11:15am   
Perhaps you could provide a sketch with room dimensions and also dimensions of your furniture. That way we can better advise you on possibilities for furniture arrangement.
November 28, 2012 at 12:01pm   
parker11
No TV. It is a living room. We have tv room elsewhere. Thanks for idea of templates. I'll provide sketch and dimensions and also add what items we have and which we are replacing. Thank you.
November 28, 2012 at 2:21pm   
standinginline
From what I can see and using what you have (for now), red couch facing the fireplace, two brown chairs on either side of the fireplace diagonally facing inward. Piano on the horse painting wall--horse painting moved elsewhere for now. See how the bench looks in front of the couch (couch and bench parallel), otherwise maybe the bench placed in the back corner (where the piano is now) and to the right of the bench a tall bookcase or floating book shelves to store books. There are some great modern or industrial looking ones on etsy if you are going for a more modern look. Look at the pipe book shelves--those are fun.
November 28, 2012 at 2:39pm   
tennisanyone
The sofa is too small for the space but I would say sofa under the window. Piano across from the sofa and the two chairs by the fireplace facing into the room. Two more chairs across from the sofa and a console table on the back wall with two lamps and a picture. Hard to really get a sense of the room. and a big rug to tie it all together.
November 28, 2012 at 2:42pm   
Need help with furniture layout/design in long living room.
This is a large long bowling alley living room (we...
Long living room furniture layout
This living room is a step down to the adjoining dining...
Need help for long and narrow rec room furniture layout.
This room will be used for tv watching / gaming and...
CounterTops Taj Mahal or Sea Pearl ?
White double stacked cabinets and dark wood floors...
help hide fence from porch, but also deal with strange grate in porch
The city mandated a light well on this side of house...
Temporary laminate floors while pets grow up?
Hi my oak dining room floor has become a complete mess....
what type of mirror for this bathroom-framed or frameless and size
This is a small jack and jill bath that is very modern-grey...
An odd place for an ugly door, how can I camouflage it?
This door in my master leads onto the hot tub deck,...