HELP!!! Need exterior painting suggestions!

lgwalkerNovember 28, 2012
I am having my house painted for my husband's Christmas. I am thinking about doing the trim a dark gray (Sherwin WIlliams Sealskin) and leaving the vinyl around the windows, garage doors, and the vinyl around the door white. The front view of the house has white awnings that we are having done a copper color. We are also having slate done and will more than likely be getting a roof withhin a year that will be slate in color as well. I am having huge remorse as to whether this is a good idea or not! PLEASE help! :) Thanks for any suggestions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mmilos
If getting a new roof in a year, I'd hold off on painting the trim. That way you can better coordinate the color to your new roof and you won't need to do any touch-ups due to tear-off/construction.

I personally like your white trim.
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 11:50AM
lgwalker
Thank you! :) We are getting a roof at the next hail storm so it could be longer!
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:04PM
standinginline
Have you made big changes like this without telling your husband as a "surprise" before? I know my husband wouldn't be so happy, even if it looked great. His reaction would be, it looked good to begin with so why did you change it or why did you spend the money on this when we really needed ___ or just that such a big decision should be something we both talk about not a surprise. But, if your husband has been talking about doing this (and really wants it) and he doesn't complain about money or how money is spent, might be a good present. You know your husband best :) just make sure this is really a present for him and not something just YOU have been wanting to do for awhile... If you get what I'm saying.
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:15PM
lgwalker
He knows about it and I think will be greatly relieved! He thought we could do it ourselves but 1.. we aren't as young as we used to be, 2.. it pains him to spend $, 3.. with 2 teenage boys we are never home and 4... he needs both knee and shoulder surgery. :) He will be happy and I teach a couple of adjunct classes so getting the $$ from that. :)
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:31PM
lgwalker
He knows about it and I think will be greatly relieved! He thought we could do it ourselves but 1.. we aren't as young as we used to be, 2.. it pains him to spend $, 3.. with 2 teenage boys we are never home and 4... he needs both knee and shoulder surgery. :) He will be happy and I teach a couple of adjunct classes so getting the $$ from that. :)
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:31PM
standinginline
Sounds like he'll appreciate the present then :)
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 8:47PM
Susan Shaffer
I love the back part of your house.
    Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 9:24PM