My husband thinks I'm crazy
November 28, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I need photos of windows that swing out and up and then are braced by an arm (forming a barrier to rain) but allowing breeze to blow thru both sides of a detached kitchen. I remember these on camp kitchens as a child and have looked evrywhere. My husband doesn't understand what I any of you? I want a more or less screened in kitchen but want to be able to close a window on those chilly nights in the Mexican mountains!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
ct design studio
Like this?:

Not so crazy ;)
November 28, 2012 at 1:50pm     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Main Line Kitchen Design
They are called awning windows. Here is a link to Andersens web site for details on them:
November 28, 2012 at 1:50pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Cabell Design Studio
Hello casadesigns,

I learned of them as Hopper windows that can either open in or open out. Pella has some nice ones. Please take a look at the following Houzz examples:

29th Windows

Traditional Kitchen


Best of luck with your kitchen and please let us know if we can be of any assistance,

November 28, 2012 at 2:53pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Almost! They're like the 29th windows onyl it's a whole window........perhaps just screening and the crank out awning would be a better idea and forego glass all together!
November 28, 2012 at 4:51pm   
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Keep decent shape but tired old tub and glaze it or get a new one?
I have a 17 inch deep old tub with some wear and I...
Best 3D design software
Can anyone recommend a good 3d design software package...
How about a look at my website is you like my ideabook
Just type in London EC14 1LX in Google or Bing (maybe...
Need to give these 1950's steps a makeover!
Round 1950's pebble crete steps are damaged and falling...
Entry Way Help Needed
Trying to get new ideas for the entryway. The left...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™