Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sf_treat

Can you please tell me where you got the pocket door handle?

sf_treat
11 years ago
Beach Style Bathroom · More Info

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Richard Bubnowski Design LLC
    11 years ago
    Emtek Hardware, I believe it was the Jamestown collection, wrought finish
  • PRO
    Twin City Hardware
    11 years ago
    Also try Deltana. The size on it looks like it's the 3 1/2" tall versus the 2 1/2" tall versus that is slightly more common. I can't get a good look at the finish, but it's either an oil rubbed bronze or black finish.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    We designed it. It's Emtek.
  • sf_treat
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much. The Emtek site only has one pocket door handle. It is not Jamestown, but since it is the only one, I am sure it is correct. I appreciate your time.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I'm sure that's the case. When we designed the house, we used the Jamestown Collection throughout, even though there is just one pocket door style, we kept the finish consistent.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    The house is now seven years old. If I recall it was the wrought finish, but I may be wrong. It's probably the flat black, by I has the same texture as our Jamestown series hardware. Now you got me thinking,I'll have to go back and research our spec.
  • sf_treat
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I am looking for flat black (which is VERY hard to come by for my door knobs, too). I am not looking for a rustic finish, like the Jamestown. I will choose the Emtek ones.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    I just checked our spec from 2004. We used the Jamestown knob from Emtek in the flat black finish, not the wrought as I originally stated. The pocket door hardware was one standard style from Emtek also with the flat black finish. It does however have a slight texture similar to a wrought finish, not completely smooth.
  • PRO
    Twin City Hardware
    11 years ago
    the flat black is a powder coating. so if you think about the texture as being similar to sandpaper with little bumps, that is what it feels like
  • elisetanguay
    11 years ago
    Is it possible to have pocket doors 19 inches wide ?
  • PRO
  • PRO
    Twin City Hardware
    11 years ago
    I guess that would depend upon your specific situation elisetanguay. I have seen some really narrow pocket door entries into spaces. You could pretty much do whatever you wanted as long as it's code within your specific area for the building inspectors
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Elise, the pocket door tracks can accommodate doors of all sizes. You can certainly do a pocket door 19". It's just a matter of how functional a 19" door will be.
  • elisetanguay
    11 years ago
    Thank you, I see what you mean by 'how functional a 19'' door will be' but it will be 2 doors so alltogether the opening would be 38''
  • elisetanguay
    11 years ago
    Could you please tell me how much lenght space I need inside the wall for a pocket door. I mean if I want to install a 19 inches door, do I only need to build the wall lenght to that same measurement?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    It depends on the specific manufacturer of the track system, but typically you will need at least that amount, usually a few inches more.
  • elisetanguay
    11 years ago
    that is the few inches more that is worrying me...why do I need more ?
  • PRO
    DMM Studio
    10 years ago
    Richard, your comments are very good. By reading the thread I learn a lot from your experience. Good job and thank you for sharing.
Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner