Bedroom redo, how'd we do?
punkey90
November 29, 2012 in Before & After
Finally chunked the old queen 4 poster for a king size. Should have done it years ago!
houssaon
I would get another pair of drapery panels so there is one one each side of the window. Even though the it will hang behined the bed, I think it will look much more elegant. Replace the three pictures for one larger one.

Great new bed.
November 29, 2012 at 6:35PM     
EB Interiors
the bed is great and i agree with housaon about pairing up the panels. however, i dont see that the gold fabric is working with your wall color or bedding. i would love to see the panels in the color you have on the large silk pillows. what do you think?
November 29, 2012 at 6:43PM     
The room looks much more spacious and relaxing.
December 1, 2012 at 5:55AM     
Natalie
Hi---BIG improvement! I do think your lamps are too airy for the space---need something more heavy. Overall very nice. :) [houzz=
]
December 1, 2012 at 6:55AM   
hollywood_iz
I love the new bed and the window treatments in the after picture. The room is more relaxing and the lighting is better. The lamps really looks great with the overall look. Good Job
December 1, 2012 at 8:09AM     
wmpj
You did a great job updating your bedroom. The bed is beautiful.
December 3, 2012 at 7:33AM     
michigammemom
So very pretty! I actually like the single drapery panel paired with the woven shades as it exposes the lovely window moldings and makes the curved headboard a focal point.Changing out the heavy burgundy swags and dark bedding makes a world of difference.
December 3, 2012 at 9:16AM     
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Does it feel like it looks? Relaxing and spacious! Nice work - nice improvement!
December 3, 2012 at 10:24AM     
punkey90
We love the new room. Especially that big bed. This is the first time we've had a king bed, and we love all that room to romp! ;) michigammemom, thanks for the compliments, that's 1 reason we only used 1 curtain panel, I hated to cover up the moldings as much as it cost to have them done! The pics above the bed are a tad small, but we already had the frames and like the shape & wood. We took some digital pics we had from a trip to Europe and ran them through a software program called paint.net that gives them an oil painting effect. We then printed them out on heavy canvas-like paper.
December 3, 2012 at 10:54AM     
Pure Home
Pretty! Much more updated!
December 30, 2013 at 12:04PM   
tjmoon
the colors are so much more soothing than before. I love the windows and lamps too.
December 30, 2013 at 12:09PM   
Staged for Perfection
Great improvement. Maybe you can add more of the same type of pictures and stack them
December 30, 2013 at 12:19PM   
hollyjade88
I think it looks great!! Very well done!! Now all you need is a chandelier!! Makes every room that much better :):)
December 30, 2013 at 3:37PM   
sbrustein
I love the lamps. They are whimsical and since they are glass don't take up too much visual space.
December 30, 2013 at 3:46PM   
Cherry
What a great improvement. The room looks beautiful! You are right, the wood panelling on the window is lovely, it would be a shame to cover it up with drapes!
January 3, 2014 at 4:16AM   
saratogaswizzlestick
What a nice update. What a great idea on how to use your European pictures. I like your new color scheme it makes the room feel serene and more spacious even though you have a bigger bed now.
January 3, 2014 at 5:13AM   
howellmsue
I think it looks nice! If you move the two outside pictures in just a few inches toward the center (the ones above your bed) it will look more substantial. Right now they look like three little pictures, moved together they will look visually like a larger work of art.
January 3, 2014 at 6:27AM   
What wall color would you choose?
I went with BM vellum trying to bring some warmth into...
Keeping the Utility Bills on the down-low
Imagine a world where your rent included payment for...
New wall and trim paint help
2 years ago we repainted our kitchen/keeping room a...
Curb appeal help!
We just bought this 1973 brick ranch and I don't know...