need help for newl home from scracth

bina0sNovember 29, 2012
hi evryone,
me n my family is goin to shift to our newly constructed house in feb 2013, i have no clue from where to start decorating...is it thw wall the furniture...please help me how to go with it. I am from india.
Exciting times, have you picked out the wall colors and other finishing materials?
    Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 6:21AM
Hiring an interior designer can save you time, and probably money also by helping you avoid costly mistakes. You said you were from India, but you didn't say if your new home is in India, or in the US or elsewhere. If it's in the US, and you're wanting it to look American with some Indian flair, I think it's doubly important to hire an American designer who can help you create a beautiful cross cultural interior.
2 Likes    Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 6:46AM
bina0s
my new home is in india......i want to know should i pick the wall color first or the flooring or furinture...
    Bookmark   December 25, 2012 at 9:21PM
Keep your flooring neutral and light, then pick your furniture and area rugs. Plull a color from either for your walls. It is easier and cheaper to repaint then to buy all new furniture to match your paint color, right?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 3:42AM
olldroo
If you can access your home, take some colour samples in shades you like with you and check the light and aspect of each room, that can change colours, some rooms may be a little dull and need bright or cheering colours others may be hot and need cooling colours. It is very important you consider this before you start. Then choose ideas and colours you like and that suit your room, and then go shopping to see what is on the market and available. It is no use getting your mind set on a colour for example and then finding you can't get a fabric in that shade. Flooring will most likely be common to all rooms so you have to ensure the flooring you choose will work with all your planned colour schemes in each room. Check out all your options and things will then start to come together for you.

When shopping pick up as many swatches and samples as you can, even take photos of ideas if you are able, it will all help. Most important thing is to take it slowly. Don't try to have it all done at once. Aim to choose your floor coverings, then have all your rooms painted, and floor coverings laid before you move in. Furniture and furnishings can be added at any time afterwards.
2 Likes    Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 4:21AM
bina0s
thank you all for help.....well am goin to select flooring for my house in couple of day....we are goin to buy marble in neutral shad....thank you all for your help....now i know where to start...
1 Like    Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 2:47AM
olldroo
Well done bina0s!! You do realise we expect photos!!!!
    Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 2:57AM
Need help with home office paint.
Hi we recently bought a new house, and I need help...
Matt Segall
Need help, organic feng shui mountain style home we just built.
Hi, I'm new to this website so please excuse any premature...
xrsteen
Need help with EXTERIOR Colonial Home needs Help!
Hi, I am trying to come with a plan for my colonial...
Trent
need an estimate from an home interior designer
I bought a home near riverside il and can't someone...
remodelingfile
Alicia Swift
Basic Rectangle Ranch Needs Curb Appeal
Hi all, this is my first Houzz post! We bought this...
Laura Campbell
Colors that compliment Functional Gray by Sherwin Williams?
I've already started another post about bedroom colors...
Ryan Kelley
fireplace update
any ideas to update this fireplace with minimal amount...
Diane
Need help to renovate my small kitchen.
I will renovate my kitchen in a few months. It is small...
Sylvia Pham
Fire Place Surround
New home will have dark distressed wood floors. Kitchen...
Sheri
Sponsored Products
65" Minka Aire Slipstream Brushed Nickel Outdoor Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
4" Adjustable Scoop Aperture Trim by Juno
$53.72 | Lumens
Furniture of America Villazo Espresso Padded Leatherette Platform Bed
Overstock.com
Imperial Officially Licensed NCAA Wood Billiard Ball Triangle Rack - IMP 73-4001
$24.95 | Hayneedle
Glomar Wall Mounted 1-Light Outdoor Dark Plum Bronze Incandescent Wall Light
$89.99 | Home Depot
Nomadic Pillow Cover
$29.99 | Dot & Bo