Need help with paint colors for girls room
homans90
We created this room for our girls.
The girls like neutral tones, but want something new and fresh looking. We have been searching for color ideas and they seem to gravitate towards the green or grey colors.
I'm also not sure where the color/ceiling paint will go with the sloped walls.
We are going to put a bed on each side of the small closet to give them their own area.
The wall with the window at the floor level is stone with plaster covering the stone. We were considering putting chalkboard or whiteboard paint on that wall, but I'm thinking that type of paint might not work on this type of wall surface.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
cece7
I think this pink and brown would look nice in there. What a lot of people do is make the wall where there head boards are a color they want in this case I think white would look good and make the other wall pink then the next brown until you get all the way around the room. If there head boards are both on the same wall.I think a fake chandelier would look good too.
November 30, 2012 at 11:51am   
cece7
Or do the ceiling pink and all the walls brown. Or the other way around. And I think now that I look at it again since there beds are going to be on separate walls you could make where there beds are white walls and the ceiling either brown or pink and do the walls whatever color you didn't do the ceiling with. And it doesn't just have to be brown and pink it can be any color I just think brown and pink would look good.
November 30, 2012 at 11:59am     
homans90
They definitely don't want any pink or purple.
November 30, 2012 at 12:04pm   
michigammemom
The wall color in this charming attic room is Sherwin Williams Window Pane.
November 30, 2012 at 12:12pm   
homans90
We are thinking of doing shelves like this on the wall with the window at floor level.
Any thoughts?
December 1, 2012 at 12:06pm   
homans90
We like the Sea Star and Flagstone colors in this picture and also like the idea of a green color to add. Any suggestions on what shade green would go with these colors?
Maybe the green on the side lower wall, Sea Star on the slope and ceiling and Flagstone on the back wall and wall at closet and dormer.
My daughter also thought of painting a tree on one wall and up the slope.
Any thoughts?
December 1, 2012 at 12:13pm   
Natalie
Hi---terrific ideas! Love the bookshelves, chalkboard paint, and color palette you suggested. I think one or two fun and colorful chandeliers would bring in that extra pop of color as well as accent chairs and pillows. Keep everything else pretty neutral and the girls will surely love it. The room is Great! Have fun and Good Luck!
[h[houzz=Lake District Residence 1][houzz=Lake District Residence 2]ouzz=Tarrytown Remodel][houzz=][houzz=Calais Chandelier, Aquamarine]
December 1, 2012 at 12:30pm   
collettec
I might consider painting the sea star on both the side walls and the ceiling going up, given that the ceiling is so low on the sides, with the flagstone on the back wall. I don't think I would paint the far wall with the chalkboard paint as it might not be a good surface for that use. I like the idea of the tree it sounds fun. I grew up in an attic bedroom that I shared with my sister and remember listening to the rain on the roof. Wishing your daughters many happy memories!
December 1, 2012 at 12:37pm   
houssaon
I thinka pale grey on the walls would look great in this space and give them a lot of flexibility in color choices for other parts of the room. I like your shelving idea and area for a chalk board, as well as. the other suggestions. I would paint all the surfaces the same color in a matte finish, it is washable and doesn't reflect light so colors are truer and wall imprefections are not noticable.
December 1, 2012 at 12:47pm   
collettec
Wanted to add I really like the idea of bookshelves that you posted.
December 1, 2012 at 1:45pm   
clearlakecottage
For a calm idea, have a look at a beautiful nursery in Timeless Tudor on Houzz (not sure how to link the photo). Lots of white and natural woods. Would be very easy to add colour in with accent pieces. I can't imagine ever tiring of this palette. Accent pieces are always easy and inexpensive to change.
December 1, 2012 at 2:13pm   
Need help painting teenage girls room
These are her colour choices and she wants the walls...
Need color help for a girl's light blue/gray rooms
So, I am now doing my 11 year old daughter's rooms....
Need Blue Paint Color for Girls Room
Any suggestions please for a light blue or medium blue...
Help on decorating family room
Just bought a house and need help choosing tv stand!...
Replace perfectly good tub just because it's ivory?
My house was built in 1987. The ivory garden tub is...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Looking for these pendant lights
Does anyone recognize these pendant lamps from the...
Design help for bathroom
We have just created this room and now we need to decorate....