Can photography be hung in the same room as contemporary (not abstract) art? art?

critrnurseDecember 1, 2012
I don't have any pictures that would be helpful, but if anyone has a pic or a link to a pic that shows art/photos in the same room, I'd like to see.
orangecamera
This doesn't exactly answer your question, but if you want photos to look more like paintings, you can have them printed on canvas. I did this with one of my photos and I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.
    Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 7:52PM
Jamie Herzlinger
Think of visiting a gallery that sells paintings and photography. Absolutely. Not next to one another but definitely in the same room.
    Bookmark   December 1, 2012 at 7:54PM
critrnurse
    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 10:53AM
A. Peltier Interiors
I think photography can go with anything, its more how you frame it and hang it. Check out my blog post here on artwork (http://www.peltierinteriors.com/artwork/) and visit my pinterest board with lots of artwork photos (http://pinterest.com/houseofpeltier/artwork/).
    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 11:03AM
critrnurse
Thanks, Amy. I checked out your links and was inspired to do a new project-remove family black and white photos from a single, boring "collage style" frame and group them in their own individual frames for more style and interest. A great inexpensive makeover for my hall and foyer!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 12:59PM
Nancy Hehmann
I think high definition photography can be very uplifting and a great decor addition. Think about it... in just moments a great piece of photography can take your mind to so many places. I awaken to St. Thomas every morning and in my family room I have an amazing enlargement of a lighthouse on Tybee Island which is near Savannah. In my office, I visit Key West. There is no limit to the beauty of photography - animals, flowers etc. Check out my Etsy.com shop, nancyhehmann.
    Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 1:27PM
A. Peltier Interiors
Glad I could inspire you:) Post pictures of the finished product when your done!
    Bookmark   December 8, 2012 at 3:18PM
LB Interiors
You can use both in the same room. Either on different walls or tastefully together to create interest and difference. Try to keep the cohesiveness with color or framing or subject matter.

Sorry, old post.
    Bookmark   Thanked by critrnurse    July 2, 2014 at 12:10AM
FABRIC DILEMMA PLEASE HELP!
So, I am almost done with my FR but I need (want) curtains...
Kathy Barnes
What is wrong with this picture?
I love this wallpaper. Is the size of the mirror wrong?...
lyndao
House Colours! Help!
We have a stunning 1850s Greek a revival, here in New...
aazuline
Backsplash help please
Backsplash dilemma New house will have kitchen with...
Phyllis Fox
Sink and faucet combination
I am considering a 31" wide Ronbow Kara sink,...
jenniferbishop1616