Would love to get some help with my bedroom

hickeyraquelDecember 2, 2012
Hi, I would love to get some suggestions for my bed room.
I was a way for a while and my bedroom was used as a storage room. I am trying to rearrange and sort it out on a shoestring budget. I would like it to have a sense of glamor in the room but at the same time to have it warm and cosy and I can't seem to get it right. There also is a fireplace in the room which is in the process of being tiled with black tiles. I hope it is the right color for this fireplace?! Could you please HELP? Thanks
bdennison
I would paint the bedside tables and the table in front of the window black. Move the table further to the right. Hang full length drapes, rod close to the ceiling. Black drum shades on the lamps. Black throw across foot of the bed. Voila, chic and cozy. Looks like a great room. Have fun.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 5:20AM
hickeyraquel
Thanks for your input and replay. What color drapes would you suggest? should I consider the tiles in the fireplace when choosing the drapes? I am also in the process of hanging a small chandelier in the room. Thank you once again ;)
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 6:42AM
mpoulsom
It's going to be gorgeous! I can tell already. I agree with the black lamp shades suggestion from bdennison.
I think I would do black or silver curtain panels floor to ceiling with white sheers!
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 7:04AM
bdennison
Yes, Black with white shears would be nice. I do like the thought of silver as well. What is your chandelier like?
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 7:52AM
Jayme H.
Bedside tables are sorta clunky. I immediately thought of those glass types that are silvery/etched. Over bed I would put a large piece. I would get rid of that dressing table thing near window/maybe put a wicker/rattan chair and small table or something else. Rug seems to not match your genre/style. Love the fireplace. I can sorta tell your style and recommend looking at the Houzz bedroom pics for type of area rug and bedside tables. (or could u paint those tables black?) Best of luck.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 8:14AM
Jayme H.
Is that mirror a big black one? How about over the bed?
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 8:15AM
hickeyraquel
Thank you all, once again. I attach a photo of the chandelier. (it will be hang within few days).
The mirror is the one beside the plant (it looks black at the photo but it is an old gilded one - I love it).
The fire place is the original to the house (1903).
1 Like    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 8:33AM
mpoulsom
hickeyraquel.....you may not want to do this....but just an idea. I have a VERY strict budget myself. I have dark gray walls in my bedroom as well, like your headboard wall. I have a couple of other colors thrown into the mix, dark teal, rusty orange, black, beige.....but I just bought 2 very inexpensive side tables for my nightstands and painted them silver. They really turned out nice. Looks good against the dark gray. If you do want to paint your nightstands, (black, silver, whatever), you could add glass knobs to yours and glam them up! And get a mirror cut to put on the tops of your nightstands to add the mirror. Just an idea "on the cheap"!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 8:41AM
bdennison
I like the chandelier,....more glam the better. Where will it hang? I'd go with the glass knobs on all tables that mpoulsom suggests
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 8:47AM
hickeyraquel
The wall at the back of the bed is more so green/gray. (does not reflect well in the photo - looks better in the background for the chandelier photo). The chandelier will hang in the center of the room (it is a very high ceiling). I like the idea of painting the table beside the window (I picked it up at a charity shop for 50euros = $60). I can replace the knobs too.

Should I replace the rug?
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:02AM
bdennison
I like the table as well. it's different and a good size for a bedroom. It looks like it's used for a vanity so you may want a glass/plexyglass top cut for it. it's a little hard to see the rug, so not sure. what colors are in it.
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:15AM
hickeyraquel
here is a photo of the rug...I am overwhelm by the respond...Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 9:32AM
hickeyraquel
I like your ideas very much and think I can get a rug like this in Ikea. :)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 10:43AM
bdennison
I would love to climb out of bed and have that be the first thing to hit my feet! (winters in new england)
1 Like    Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 11:19AM
shareensophia
i agree with most suggestions above. but dont remove your current rug because u can actually layer a faux fur rug over it. plus your rug has amazing rustic colours and u can use them as accents. maybe over time you may invest in new pillowcases/quilt covers complementing the colours of the rug..peach/mint/cream/ to name a few. may also add some mettalic cushions combo. you can always take them off if you want that summery feel in which switch to sweet pastels. a lot of pillows are important! lol! i'd get rid of the plant. the dressing table n side tables could be black (lacquer may be interesting)with gold knobs (think art deco). dressing table should be move to the side so you get more light and space near the window. maybe mirror can be placed against the window so ull also get natural light when you're admiring your reflection. ur room has an eclectic feel to it.. its great just needs some rearrangments thats all.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by hickeyraquel    June 30, 2014 at 1:12AM
How to get the look I want for my bedroom, help needed! :)
Hi everyone! Some time ago I came here to ask for...
cupcakesss
Need some ideas for my girls bedroom?
I have twin girls, they are 5 yrs old. I want to remodel...
creativechy
Need some nice ideas for my bedroom
Hi guys! I want to re-decorate my bedroom. You will...
lauraflucus
would love some help with windows!
I moved into my house almost a year ago and am finally...
mayagigi
I hate everything about my bedroom and would love some guidance
I have a custom upholstered headboard , custom valence...
sbrustein
Kitchen help
So, I've been in my house almost 7 years.. It's a new...
shepyyr
Nursery paint color dilemma?! Need help!
We painted a stripe wall however we used different...
EleganceDecor2014
Blah decor in shelf - help!!!!
We just put up this modern shelf over the sideboard...
imlost119
Closet under stairs in daughter's room
This is the closet in my almost 11 year old after my...
Alysha Biehl