need help on my teen bedroom

lolimartinezDecember 3, 2012
How can i put the bed in a room 13x 10
twin bed? full bed? windows? Headboard? Closet? Will there be other furniture? Need some pictures to get lots of ideas.
    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 6:04PM
lolimartinez
Hi Darzy !
Could you please send me your email , so I can send you the pictures ? The thing is that Im trying to download them on my computer , and I can't !!!!! I dont know why
    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 6:23PM
lolimartinez
WHAT IM TRYING TO DO ON MY SONS BEDROOM IS TO MAKE IT MORE MODERN , BUT I DONT KNOW HOW
HE WANTS THE ROOM BLACK AND WHITE , SO I DID THAT PART ALREADY, BUT I THINK I HAVE TO MANY FURNITURE IN THE ROOM , HAT I HAVE TO TAKE OUT. MAYBE, IF I JUSTLEAVE THE BED AND THE DESK, WILL LOOK BETTER.
ALSO , I DONT KNOW IF I CAN USE THAT FURNITURE THAT I HAVE, BECAUSE IT IS WOOD COLOR , I DONT KNOW
    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 6:27PM
nasmijati
I am thinking about the room you are working on. I need to ask some questions.

Does your son have enough storage space for his clothing? Does the room have a built-in closet? Are you using a chest of drawers or a dresser for clothing in addition to a closet, or as the only space for clothing? If the room has a built-in closet, is it possible to put a chest of drawers inside the closet, or maybe install shelves in addition to the closet rod for clothes on hangers?

Does your son have enough desk space for his computer and a writing area? Does he have enough shelving for his books? Does his desk have enough light for him to be able to read his assignments and do his homework? Is the desk chair comfortable, or should it be replaced?

What other furniture is in the room?

What part(s) of the room are black? What part(s) of the room are white? What color is the bed cover? What color are the window coverings? What color is the floor?
1 Like    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 6:47PM
Natalie
Hi---make the most of what you have and make it interesting. Go bold and graphic if he wants modern. Buy canvases and have him paint some bold art pieces to fill up walls and add his own personal touch. As for storage, drawers under the bed would be ideal as well as adding shelving/bookcases on the wall of the headboard---think of building space vertically instead of horizontally. Pics for inspiraton. Good Luck! [houzz=]
1 Like    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 7:05PM
Natalie offered you some great inspirational pix above. I have a more neutral one below. Yes, your wooden furniture should work fine. Add black and white bedding, poster art, maybe a black and white rug. Yellow would be a nice accent color in the room.
Olentangy Falls ~ Delaware, OH · More Info
Zigzag Rug · More Info
GRENÖ Cushion · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   December 3, 2012 at 7:18PM
lolimartinez
This is the room
    Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 2:14PM
pcmom1
Couple of ideas to try. Move desk next to bed to double as the night stand. Another option is to place desk at end (or head) of bed. And, the old tried and true loft bed (Ikea) with the desk underneath.
    Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 2:52PM
nasmijati
Your son has a very nice room. Many well designed rooms have two main colors and an accent color. Your son has chosen black and white. The wood furniture becomes the accent color. You could at just a touch of a fourth color if you wish.

The easiest way to coordinate black, white, and brown is to use animal images or printed bedding. Zebra, white tiger, gazelle, grizzly bear, black bear, orca whale, cats and dogs.

Another option is astronomy photos, such as stars, solar eclipse, galaxies, and so on.
    Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 3:50PM
nasmijati
The photographer Ansel Adams is famous for his black and white photographs because he made such good use of light and shadow.
    Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 3:52PM
nasmijati
Most teen boys like the optical illusions of Escher.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 3:53PM
Teen Bedroom Decorating Help
Hi! I am decorating a bedroom for a teenager. She...
woofrow
Teen bedroom help please!!!!
Ok, my room is a train wreck. It's too plain on the...
Hannah Hundt
Help with teen son's bedroom
I am single mom on a budget. I have the most wonderful...
bankerbaberonda22
Teen Bedroom Designing
sorry just starting using this app so disregard the...
alexis_designhelp
need help with teen girl bedroom
my teen wants to do a makeover for her room. she loves...
Wendi Mahoney
Gable Detail Inquiry
Hello, We are working to complete our new house. One...
clwoodard3
Need Help choosing right paint color for Dormers and siding
First and foremost, I don't like the brick color. ...
andeo19sper
Need help with my bathroom
White stool, white cabinet, white tub
charjean1947
What color to paint orange kitchen cabinets
Hi everyone, I need to paint my kitchen cabinets as...
photogirlla
What to hang over sofa/ wall behind TV
Hi :D So here is my living room which is somehow...
rose_jm