Perfection! If you had a monstrous 9'W x 5'H x 2.5' D brick FP surrou between LR and DR, how would you treat?
leslietuck
December 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
I'm just puchased 1969 "california contemporary" with similar footprint in the heart of Alexandria VA, where all we know is colonials. These photos finally crystallize my ambitions for the place. Only there is a monstrous FP between LR and DR that previous owners painted wedgewood blue. Sandblasting not an option. What textures/finishes would complement the aged finishes, seagrass, graphic patterns?
Spinnaker Development
Would painting the brick FP in a warm white color help, maybe bringing in a reclaimed wood beam as a floating mantle? This could freshen up the look and maybe minimize the scale of such a large FP. Not shown in this image is a smaller FP between both rooms, we used a textured white marble surround and a very clean finish carpentry mantle for this application. Any photos of what your describing would certainly help.
December 6, 2012 at 2:46PM   
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Need Help Refreshing Exterior Of Our House
Our house is a plain, gambrel-style house that was...
Need help with curb appeal with a side facing house!!!
We need some ideas on how to improve the curb appeal...
Kitchen ideals
What could I do to update this kitchen?
Houzz USA
How do I get to the US site. It automatically is taking...