Need help with front facade makeover
kalanjerome
We are considering bringing out the front door about 6 feet and enclosing it as the front foyer is very tight with the stairs directly in front. Not too sure how it would look or whether we should have a porch but not enclose? Also we need ideas as to what to do with the brick just above the garage because it is very bare.
flgrandma
Not sure about your front door/foyer, but I'd put a very large lamp above the garage door.
December 3, 2012 at 8:53pm   
houssaon
I suppose you are thinking of something like this: Traditional Restoration. Although, it would be more likely a flat roof design with a copper or metal roof like these would be handsome: The Santerini- Plan# 868 and Private Residence on the Delaware River.

For the garage, add an overhang. Not these styles, but you get the idea: Dog Trot and Garage and Entry. If you decide to do a garage overhand, I would replace the roof shingles which look worn out with architectural ones in a slate grey.

Another option is an arbor: Exterior. Or a decoratice lattice like the one at the top of this house built to go in the space above the garage would really look good: [Stone Style - Oxford Road.
December 3, 2012 at 9:10pm   
kalanjerome
Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of a design like the Private Residence on the Delaware River (up above) and also opening up that upper window above into french doors. How would it look if I have a porch outside the left window, but not enclosed? I would extend the roof from the front door through to the left of the house.
December 3, 2012 at 9:34pm   
Need help with front house facade
Me and my partner are at odds regarding the front of...
Need help with my front facade!
The front of the house has an ugly non-functioning...
"Need A help For Color Of Facade, Front Fence and Gate
This is my home in my home town. I did the roof two...
Need help with front facade update
PLanning on adding on to back of this duplex, but front...
Complete remodel needed - front facade ideas would be helpful.
We are doing a complete remodel. A two car garage...
Can I tile overtop of this tile??
Hi there! Can a different tile or stone be placed overtop...
Where Do I Bring In Color/Pattern?
For my living room, I'm wondering which pieces I should...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Can't find matte black cabinet pulls that match
Going crazy trying to find a matte black pull that...
Need help with coffee table !
Hi! My small 12x12 formal living room is a work in...