Re doing my bedroom!
saraflarflar
So I'm moving into a new house soon and the bedroom is AWFUL! I'm a 14 year old girl. I need some good ideas!!! Modern is what I want. I want as modern as can be!! Very minimal. Please. :)
Do you have any colors you would like to use in your bedroom ?

December 5, 2012 at 8:32AM     
saraflarflar
@dytecture I want something in the white, black and some kind of accent color. Lavender maybe?
December 5, 2012 at 8:46AM   
I assume this is your current bedroom. First thing, take away all the tchotchkes. Every bobblehead, toy, and quilt must go.

Then search "modern bedroom" in photos on Houzz. You'll come up with photos like these:

Wine Country Modern
FORMA Design
Walnut Master Bedroom

Notice that they're all sleek and monochromatic. Nothing fussy. Lots of open space. Pick the ones you like and then develop a plan for your new room. Let us know what you come up with. I'm eager to see.
December 5, 2012 at 9:05AM   
Take out everything, including wallpaper, even the bed frame. To do minimalist you can just get a "bedsack" system to clothe your mattress and box spring. If you need storage, get a bed that has drawers under it. Add your lavender accent color to something like these and you're as simple as can be.
Queen Village residence master suite bedroom
Asher Elbaz
open bedroom
December 5, 2012 at 9:17AM   
Modern means clean lines, minimalist decor, and very, very clean. I doubt you can do it a bit at a time. It would be better to do as everyone says, remove absolutely everything from your rooms and start work on your walls first. Remove wallpaper and everything else first, then patch/sand holes, and a fresh coat of paint.

Then bring your bed back in with new linens. I would suggest a black and white comforter. Paint your furniture black, and only bring in what you absolutely need. Nothing else! Larger white blinds for your windows.

[houzz=Mimosa Reversible Bedding - Charcoal]
Hunter Douglass Vignette Blinds
December 5, 2012 at 9:25AM     
saraflarflar
I never have lived in this room before we are moving in and the day we do I'm re doing it. Thank you all for your helpful suggestions! I will post what it looks like when it's done. :)
December 5, 2012 at 10:08AM     
Good luck, and have fun with it!
December 5, 2012 at 12:27PM   
jagood
From what we can see from the photos, the room looks like it has good bones, but it would be nice to see photos after the room has been emptied by former owner. (It is difficult to determine what is permanent in the room and what will be removed.) On the plus side, it looks like the high windows will allow easier furniture placement on those two walls. Another plus - the blinds at the windows have a clean, contemporary look. Will the carpet stay? If so, you will need to consider the color of the carpet in your color scheme. I am an advocate of living in a space for a short time before making the final decisions about purchasing new things, so perhaps you could remove the wall paper and paint the room a neutral color that compliments the carpet, then move your existing furniture into the room and see how you like it before you purchase new bedding, etc to achieve the minimalistic look you want.
December 5, 2012 at 1:00PM   
*Need help re-doing my bedroom!*
I've been living in this bedroom for about 5 years...
Want to re-do my master bedroom in navy blue and white.
Can't find much fabric with blue and white, all come...
Re-doing my bedroom?!
So I am moving in a few weeks and my bedroom need immediate...
HELP, I have to re-do my bedroom for college now!
I am thinking one accent wall of dark purple and then...
Furniture placement for long living room
I am ready to start making over our boring living room,...
Need a bathroom paint color & decor suggestion
For now, I have to keep the cream color ceramic tile...
Suggestions for bathroom mirrored medicine cabinet
Replacing large mirror over double sink vanity with...
Kitchen help please
My kitchen cabinets were installed recently and I'm...
Should i put 6 in granite back splash and glass mosaic?
I am currently remodelling my kitchen and in dilemma...