vertical tiles
houscom
December 6, 2012 in Photo Questions
Love the tile - where is it from the name and colour - very elegant, calm space - love it!
XTC Design Incorporated
Each product you see in this photo was specifically chosen for our client and for this unique and custom design which we created based on their individual parameters. Things in a photo do not always appear as accurately as if you were to be standing in the finished space. The exact products & materials that we have used may not be relevant to you and many times products are discontinued over the years. We present our photos as a source of inspiration for others, not for the spaces to be exactly replicated. If you would like to contact us in regards to a custom design for your own project, please do so and we would be happy to hear from you.
December 17, 2012 at 9:50AM   
yummyami
thats got to be the most helpful comment yet on Houzz! Well done!
January 2, 2013 at 8:16AM     
danamelnic
Houzz is a site for people to share their photos of their spaces as well as ideas, not a COMMERCIAL SPACE! If you cannot or do not want to help someone, better not answer their question. If all you want is to advertise your services, I suggest you add your pictures somewhere else on a commercial site!
February 23, 2013 at 2:01PM     
houscom
I've been silent long enough - Yummyyami on what level was XTC's comment helpful???? - was it helpful to me? - NO!
Everyone looking at Houzz already understands interiors are "designed" for individual clients! If you read my comment - I am complimenting the design team at XTC - I am telling them this is a "Feel Good Picture" - I am making them feel good with my COMPLIMENT! It was a very spontaneous comment on my part, the photo made me feel good! However their comment and your affirmation of their comment was like a kick in the guts to me!
February 23, 2013 at 3:21PM   
yummyami
Umm...houscom, I was being sarcastic, my friend.
February 23, 2013 at 3:37PM     
yummyami
And by the way, the tile is by Walker Zanger, Skyline series, Liner field, in colour - pearl. Hope that helps you.
February 23, 2013 at 3:54PM     
danamelnic
thanks for your help yummyami!
February 23, 2013 at 8:46PM   
XTC Design Incorporated
Hello,

We were not intending to be rude with our comments. Our intentions with joining this site is to inspire others with our projects and be inspired by other's projects. We do not intend for our work to be exactly replicated. In our opinion, this is not a forum to be asked hundreds of questions about individual elements which make a completed project a whole. It's not a matter of not wanting to help someone, it's the fact that it's not always an easy answer. We do not always remember the exact dimensions, brands, style numbers of each product sourced for each project and we would have to spend time going through archived files to look up the information. This is time that is precious to us and that we devote to our current clients. Most anyone should understand that everyone needs to make a living and that time is precious.

We thank you for the positive compliments on our work and are glad that you have been inspired.
February 27, 2013 at 8:31AM   
yummyami
Unfortunately, despite your best intentions, you WERE fairly rude with your comments. Nobody intends to replicate your work like for like (at least I don't think so), but in joining a site like Houzz, you do run the risk of elements of your work being used in other people's projects - imitation, as you know, is the sincerest form of flattery. If this is unappealing to you, perhaps you should reconsider posting your pictures on public forums. Ironically, contrary to your opinion, in my opinion (and I would risk saying that of the others on this thread) Houzz IS a forum to ask hundreds, if not thousands of questions on individual elements, because it is a mix and match of those elements that makes up every person's individual whole. If you did not remember the answer to the initial question, simply not answering it or stating that you did not remember would have been a far more classy approach. Time may be precious, but clearly not precious enough - it took about 5 minutes for me to search for the tiles in question, less time I would bet, than the time it's just taken you to craft your response above. By the way, having just picked someone superb to do my house, I have to say, that when choosing a design team, people work with people who are likeable, approachable and willing to help. I'll leave you to think about how far your responses so far match those criteria.
February 27, 2013 at 8:47AM     
danamelnic
Yummyami I agree with you 100% - Houzz is a forum for sharing! if you as the poster do not have the time to answer/reserach the questions asked, then not responsding at all is by far the better choice!
February 27, 2013 at 8:50AM     
Mitchell & Jan Davis Kalogridis
Whew - I had to read ALL the above just to find out that the tile is Walker Zanger, Skyline series, Liner field! Thanks Yummyami - you worked HARD to get that out. (and I agree with YOU too)!
May 21, 2013 at 11:20AM     
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Help me update my kitchen on a budget!
I need to introduce my kitchen to 2013! I'm going to...
Help needed with room wall space.
We purchased a new townhouse a few months back. Now...
Does anyone know what these kind of bed sheets are called?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/183825/Crisp-Architects-traditional-new-york...