Where do I start with this space?
Rita Renee
The bland is driving me crazy.
collettec
Paint could make a big difference. Not sure how you feel about painting in terms of what leads to where. One place where you could paint and not affect the other walls would be at the entry wall where the door is. You could even paint the lower part one color and the upper part another, possibly a lighter shade of the paint color on the lower part of the wall. Another idea - a gallery wall of photos along the wall leading into the room, it could be family photos, vacation photos, a mix with prints, etc.
1 Like   December 6, 2012 at 3:06PM
How far do you want to go in the other direction? What is the budget? Do you prefer paint or wallpaper? Do you like/have art? Are you familiar with color blocking? What is the lighting for the area? Does it need to coordinate with the rest of the house or are you tired of all of it?
1 Like   December 6, 2012 at 3:10PM
EB Interiors
Hi Rita!
you definately need some color on those walls! I'd go with something a bit stronger on the wall of the door, all the way up, and a softer coordinate on the stair wall and hallway. Your rug and flooring look preety neutral so you have alot of options... how about a nice green on the door wall and warm beige on the others, or a warm brown by the door, and soft blue on the others. what kind of coloring in the connecting rooms? I wouldnt go too dark cuz space is narrow.
1 Like   December 6, 2012 at 3:10PM
jillef
I think the large walls are a great space for feature art. You can make it really pop with lighting the works. Also I would paint the entire window and door wall with a bold colour and add feature to them with a border frame . You could also make a statement with a new door handle. Maybe something eclectic.
1 Like   December 6, 2012 at 3:25PM
Rita Renee
I totally agree with color!! Love the ideal of adding photos. I prefer paint vs wall paper. The living room colors are going to be light blue couch with brown and orange accents via pillows etc.
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 3:29PM
Rita Renee
Budget is open but not trying to get to outrageous!
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 3:33PM
I suggest you paint in color blocks all from the same color strip. Try greige as it will look great with blue, brownand orange. The wall that receives the most light would be the darkest shade. Probably the wall by the door would get the lightest shade. I think after that I'd go for drama with a black door.

Then hang a slender floating shelf and a great piece of art on the hall wall across from the stairwell. Final touch - a fabulous runner rug!
2 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 3:44PM
Rita Renee
Love it!! Absolutely love the ideal.
0 Likes   December 6, 2012 at 3:49PM
Great! Let me know if you need another "consult!"
1 Like   December 6, 2012 at 3:51PM
I want to add on a living space with a bath room and closet, where do I start.
Just wondering should I start with an engineer or architech?...
cherylgj
Where do I start to redo the living room walls? To fix holes an start
Holes in wall, needs plastered, paint an an don't know...
mallory15
Kitchen re-do... where do I start?
I want to re-do this kitchen, but I'm not sure where...
Tess
Help with this bathroom please!
I just put the rock up on the wall as an accent to...
erica320
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
My beautiful red leather furniture now sits under two sky lights and i
My once beautiful rich red leather furniture is fading...
lizwade51
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...
nycmama1225
Dark Bedroom that faces the North with no Light.
It looks bright and i have not done any redecorating...
jmk578