Stained cabinets
Kami
My cabinets have been stained "Java" Which finish is better...gloss or semi gloss?
nasmijati
A high gloss finish will highlight any imperfection in the surface. I would go with semigloss.
December 6, 2012 at 6:02pm   
Kami
Ok. I will do semi. Thank you!
Should I ask for gloss on the handrail? I'm thinking it will be easier hide fingerprints.
December 6, 2012 at 6:36pm   
nasmijati
Fingerprints will look like semigloss blobs on a high-gloss handrail. You would have to keep the handrail polished all the time to keep the glossy finish. I would go with semigloss.
December 6, 2012 at 6:43pm     
Kami
Oh... Certainly don't want to do that. I guess semi gloss is the way to go entirely. Thanks again!
December 6, 2012 at 7:01pm   
nasmijati
Pleas post an "after" photo. Your space sounds lovely.
December 6, 2012 at 7:03pm   
Michelle Yaworski – Gem Cabinets Ltd
Semi gloss for sure! It's been my experience anything high gloss shows imperfections and you don't want that!
December 6, 2012 at 7:06pm     
Kami
Ok. I will post the pictures when the work is complete. My cabinets were honey oak. I didn't like the woods grain, but it looks great with the stain. They look like stained wood....just like they are and not just painted cabinets.
December 6, 2012 at 10:22pm