backsplash help!
ljhurt
I messed up big time on my kitchen. I have ornamental granite countertops with white cupboards and appliances. I HATE my backsplash, I am willing to change my backsplash and wall color. BUT to what?!?
Assyrian Star Construction Inc
What colour do you like the most or most appeals to you in the granite? Whatever colour feels right and you get excited about, is the colour to have as a backsplash. Always go with your instincts.
December 6, 2012 at 10:51PM   
It's hard to tell because your pic doesn't enlarge much, but does your granite have any copper in it? If it does, you could go with a copper backsplash:
[houzz=0302 Solid Copper Ceiling Tile - 2ft x 2ft]
[houzz=0604 Solid Copper Ceiling Tile - 2ft x 2ft]
December 7, 2012 at 5:32AM     
Gabberts Design Studio
I would also suggest looking closely at the granite, and pick a color that you like the most, and pull that into the paint. As far as the backsplash goes, I would go with more of a neutral limestone to blend more with the granite, instead of compete with it.
December 7, 2012 at 5:37AM   
lizdevries
I agree with Gabberts - let your beautiful granite do the talking and the back splash be quiet! I'd suggest a subway style size so fewer grout lines than what you have. It's a tricky business!
December 7, 2012 at 5:51AM   
December 7, 2012 at 5:53AM   
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi ljhurt!
Firstly, your cabinetry is absolutely beautiful! What I'm envisioning is a glass tile extended all the way to the bottom of the cabinets in a cool, aqua color. The tile below is from our website, and is a light aqua with an iridescent shimmer to it. I think the size and shape of the tile is a nice balance between modern and traditional, much like the rest of your decor. For the walls, I would select one of the medium brown tones that appears in your granite. Not too dark to clash with the black hardware, and not too light to compete with the white cabinets. Something like Benjamin Moore's Acorn(pictured below).
December 7, 2012 at 7:04AM   
Granite Transformations
This is actually a relatively simple fix. My suggestion would be to start with the paint. The tan/sand color you currently have isn't bad, but I think a grey would work better. You might want to consider "Timber Wolf" by Benjamin Moore, you can see it here- http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/timberwolf.

I like the above suggestion of the copper. I think a copper subway would work great with your granite counters, especially if you painted the walls. We have a color called "Amber" that I think would work very well, the "Noir" might look nice as well with your hardware. You can see the samples here- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/mosaic-tiles/colors/subway/.

Good luck with your decision, I think it should be a relatively easy fix for you!
December 7, 2012 at 7:10AM   
severns
White subway with brown grout
December 10, 2012 at 11:41AM   
Need help with blah front porch and stairs
Small area, need non slip, no railing, gets plenty...
Neep help to redesign a small living room opens to a golf course
Me and my boy friend just brought a small condo right...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Our house was designed by a man, for a man.
Our bathroom is dark, boring and has cheap mirrors...
Paint first or decorate first?
My dilemma is, do I paint now when my painter can fit...