Need help deciding on kitchen table
Lory Frank
Open space. Room for only one table which will be used as a workspace and dining. Vanilla walls, honey colored wood floors and cabinets, vaulted ceilings. Neutrals with punches of color. Open to anything round. Antique, glass, rustic or black?
Manon Floreat
I just got a vision of a light, airy, artsy and somewhat mod space. Is there lots of light?
December 7, 2012 at 10:07pm     
houssaon
Modern? Country? Eclectic? How about: The Neoteric Classic
A friend of mine has a table like this; it is wonderful: Stamford Kitchen. Comfortable to eat and work at. Same stools, too.
Ultra-compact: plaster also here.... Vanila walls and honey floors: Kitchen.
December 7, 2012 at 10:45pm     
Lory Frank
It is light and airy. I bought 3 modern chairs for the table. I love table by Taste Design Inc. and adore the entire space in Archipelagro Hawaii. Going for an eclectic room that will be fun and child friendly yet must be "elegant" in a modern way.
December 8, 2012 at 9:33am   
Manon Floreat
A round shape generally has a more friendly feel. They also have the benefit of being able to squeeze more people around them for meals. Since you're interested in an eclectic elegant feel for the space, you could think about a round vintage table to pair with your modern chairs. If there is room, an area rug would be a good opportunity to infuse some color. An outdoor material is very easy too keep clean.

Here's a nice example of an eclectic space with dashes of color.

December 8, 2012 at 11:50am     
Nancy Hehmann
Since you mentioned antique, you could google some antique auctions in your area. Some antique sites now have antique auctions online now or post pics with upcoming auctions. Also, most people post pictures on Craigs List. But in this day and age, I would never go alone to someone's house even to look at furniture. Hope you are feeling better.

By the way for entertainment and fun, check out Etsy.com. It is a website of aritsans and craftsman from all over the world. Just input what you like in their search engine. For instance, I have a photography shop, nancyhehmann on Etsy.com. There are also jewelry, purses, clothing, home decor. Even some furniture. Might be a great time to check it out while you are not feeling well.
December 8, 2012 at 1:16pm     
Need help deciding on a kitchen table!
I have been looking for a new kitchen table for a while...
I need help deciding on a kitchen table
I'm having trouble deciding if I should get a 48" round...
Need help deciding on coffee table / side tables
What kind of coffee table and side tables would you...
Help me decide on a kitchen table and lighting
Need ideas for kitchen table and light for breakfast...
Boy room to Teen Dream
Paint, shelf demo and purge purge purge - room is 12...
Great imagination needed for my family room
We just moved to a new house, my giant brown sectional...
Family room colour ideas needed.
I have just purchased some gray/brown leather couches...
Front of House Make Over and Exterior Paint Colors
I am looking for a new color for the trim and the front...