Need help picking out colors. my living room fun
mcautions
Need help picking out two colors for my living room. My funiture will be leather chocolate. I also have a fireplace that has a little black in it. My wall unit is also black which i can easily put into another room. Please help!!!
Seeing all the grey-brown tones, I think you should use greige - not beige or grey, but a good neutral. A pop of accent color at the FP wall might be nice - orange might be good. Hope you plan to rethink the window treatments.
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 8:10AM
mcautions
Yes im doing the whole room over
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 8:13AM
Wall Street Interiors
there are many considerations, including quantity/quality of light it gets (natural and incandescent) relationship to other rooms in the house, and what kind of "energy" you want the room to have. If you want a quiet statement that supports the furniture and fireplace, then I recommend a soft green-grey.......
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 8:43AM
All 4 Show, LLC
I love the look of a rustic chic themed room. Mixing masculine and female elements. Right now the stone fireplace and leather furniture are very rustic (masculine). If you incorporate off white pillows with soft textures and a large off white area rug with a thick pile would bring in the chic!! Shiny metal accent pieces would also help acquire that look. I'll try to find some sample pictures on Houzz to send you way....good luck....
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 9:56AM
mcautions
Ok and thx
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 10:14AM
mcautions
Im also looking for paint colors for the wall. Im tired of all white.
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 10:17AM
Interiors International, Inc.
Everything seems to be pretty neutral in the room. With the gray stone and golden tone in the carpet(unless my screen isn't showing the true color) I would add color. Personally I love color and feel it adds personality to a room. Choose your favorite color and try 3-4 samples 2'x2'. I then suggest going one shade darker than you think. Do this just on the fireplace wall to keep that as the accent wall. The stone fireplace will really pop. You could also hang a colorful painting over the fireplace Then add these colors in the room with pillows and small accent pieces to tie it all together.Good luck and remember it is only paint and can easily changed again when you want something new.
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 10:27AM
All 4 Show, LLC
I understand the need for color. Just don't go too dark...it doesn't appear that you have a lot of natural light in the space. Perhaps it's the dark curtains doing that....but the dark furniture will also make it very heavy! Perhaps an accent wall in a bright yellow or something else to give it pop!! Purchase as many sample colors and paint them on the wall!! Just remember that the wall color is going to determine what other accent colors you will need to use for accessories in the space. Right now you are starting with almost a blank canvas...therefore choose wisely on the paint....because it will dictate what you decide there after....good luck...
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 10:29AM
mcautions
Thx
0 Likes   December 9, 2012 at 10:31AM
Need help picking out colors. my living room funiture will be chocolate
I need help picking out two colors to go with my living...
Need help picking out a color for our living room, dining room and kit
We are looking to paint our living room, dining room,...
Please help me pick out a color for my tiny living room!
Im adding 2 inch decorative molding along the top of...
Need Help picking out a color for the living room walls!!
I recently remodeled my house and put up a stone wall....
I am re-doing all the floors in my house.
I am doing vinyl tile in the bedrooms ( tan color)....
What exterior colour.
Help please.... We are repainting our house and are...
Need Accent Wall Suggestions
I am purchasing the black furniture and trying to see...
Our new sunroom.
Walls are a light gray with blue tint. Chairs are...
Need Help: Fireplace Wall
Thanks for all your previous advice. We are almost...