Need help with colors
martyrl
Hi - need some help with specific colors - looking to repaint my condo which has large living / dining combo and living overlooks down stairs family room. Plan to remove acoustic ceiling. Was thinking of painting ceiling a blue to highlight angles etc but so far the colors I have selected seem to want to be in a babies room rather than my living / dining room. Any suggestions for walls & ceiling? Perhaps blue is not the way to go...
tallix
White is the new blue. Give it a shot. :-)
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 7:42PM
It might be a good idea to pick a wall that has interesting lines and is highly visible, though probably not your largest wall. Make it your accent wall and for its color, select a deeper shade of something that's already in the room, or that you want to add to the room. It might be a pillow or a color in a painting. It might be royal blue or lime green or coral or turquoise, or dark gray. If you decide for sure what basic color you want, then we can help you with paint selection. Your other walls could be white , taupe, gray, or who knows what.
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 7:49PM
Natalie
Hi---SW 7067 Cityscape for walls and SW 7065 Argos for ceiling. These hues should look great with what you have going on...Good Luck!
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 7:57PM
All 4 Show, LLC
I love the contrast between the dark furnishings and light painted walls!! Changing out the popcorn ceiling to a faux beamed ceiling would look awesome!! The fireplace wall would be a great accent wall!! Wrap a contrasting paint (dark blue, maybe??) around it!! Or even painting the railing wall also?? (Start with the accent wall, then step back to evaluate further.) The fireplace would stand out so much more... Then add a much larger in scale piece of art (or mirror) above the fireplace!! Higher vertically, than horizontally!! What about a light colored, high pile, lush area rug under the dark furnishings?? That would look "fantabulous".... good luck..... :)
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 8:19PM
karen paul interiors
If you are looking for the perfect blue, select a gray with a blue base. This will keep you away from the baby blues.
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 8:32PM
XineAnn
Behr Mountain Air. It's in the 'whites and lights' collection.
0 Likes   December 11, 2012 at 9:24PM
On your fireplace wall, if you someday want to change it, I would rip out the bricks and use a large tile on the entire wall, wrapping the tile around the sides.
0 Likes   December 12, 2012 at 6:52AM
0 Likes   December 12, 2012 at 7:39AM
martyrl
Thanks for all of your great suggestions. Right now I am leaning towards BM AF-310 solitude for the walls and AF -690 metropolitan for the ceiling.
0 Likes   December 12, 2012 at 4:00PM
Natalie
Nice colors martyrl. The Solitude does have a lot of blue undertone which will look "cool". Fine if that is what you're after. Paired with your warm wood tones, the blue tone will intensify so the walls will look quite blue and less gray. Hope this makes sense to you. Good Luck!
0 Likes   December 12, 2012 at 4:19PM
kennedytarheel
take a look at BM HC 147 woodlawn blue for a beachy blue
0 Likes   December 12, 2012 at 4:28PM
martyrl
Sorry - not solitude - I meant AF-310 Subtle - however it might be a little too subtle...I never realized how difficult this was going to be, lol
0 Likes   December 13, 2012 at 9:10AM
martyrl
By the way - great ideas on the fireplace all - something more for me to think about.
0 Likes   December 13, 2012 at 9:11AM
Need help with colors for the front of my house. Help!! Help!!
My house is on a busy street lined with older homes....
Need color help, paneling color needs to be updated and brightened
We bought this 1978 house 5 years ago, mostly un-remodeled....
Help!! Need help w/ exterior paint & trim colors...strange brick color
We are replacing our press board siding with cement...
Need Help with Paint Color- Should I add accent colors as well?? HELP...
I am having dining room and kitchen painted (floor...
What color to do the pillar?
We just had all of our landscaping done and they changed...
I need help with the finishing touches
The dining area is small and looks very much unfinished....
Need Help Choosing New Furniture
This is our living room which is the entry point from...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
appliance selections dilemma
new construction,looking top end SS, range top, side...