Stunning kitchen! What is the ceiling height, & what cabinet height do you recommend for 10 ft. ceilings? TY
moderndaymom
Castro Design Studio
Thank you! These are 10 foot ceilings. Typically, I prefer to have the cabinets go all the way up to the ceiling, as shown here. The height of the base cabinets is 36", but if you are taller you might consider doing 42" tall base cabinets.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 5:12PM
moderndaymom
Many thanks for your very quick response! Might I impose on you with one additional question? How do you address integrating ceiling height cabinets with current ceiling moulding? Two walls in my kitchen will have no cabinets.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 6:55PM
Castro Design Studio
It can be done in a variety of ways. In this case we continued the crown moulding used in the room on the cabinets themselves.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 7:41PM
moderndaymom
Rodolfo, no more questions, just a big thank you for your graciousness in answering everyone's questions without a hint of impatience. We are doing a variety of renovations from full kitchen gut to adding a carriage house, screened porch, etc.

While we are not unhappy at all with our architect, I do wish I had known about your studio before getting so far into the process (beginning construction right after New Year's). I am going to borrow your Benjamin Moore Timid White for my cabinets. I will share your name and information with any friends who plan future work. It was such a delight looking through your portfolio. Very happy to know you are in the Atlanta area. We're in West Cobb.
    Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 9:59PM
Castro Design Studio
It is my pleasure! Best of luck with your project.
    Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 5:47AM
laurahp13
What is the height of the upper cabinets? Thank you for all of your responses!
    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 8:11PM
Castro Design Studio
I believe it is right around seven feet. They are on top of built in refrigerators.
    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 8:33PM
kmccloskey1
Hi. Beautiful kitchen! Do you think an 11' ceiling is too high for cabinets to go to the ceiling? Thank you!
    Bookmark   November 27, 2014 at 9:21PM
Castro Design Studio
Thank you! Whether or not you take the cabinets to the ceiling is a personal choice. From an aesthetic standpoint I generally prefer to do so, but the upper cabinets will not be as accessible as the lower ones. You can think about doing a ladder rail, or simply keeping a step stool handy and using te upper cabinets to store things you seldom use.
    Bookmark   November 28, 2014 at 6:27AM
kmccloskey1
Thank you so much for your response. Aesthetically, I definitely prefer the cabinets to go to the ceiling as well. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think it would look funny on such a high ceiling. We are working on house plans now and we are trying to decide whether to make the kitchen ceilings 10' or 11'. Thank you so much!
    Bookmark   November 30, 2014 at 8:26PM
Need help with my foyer/living room/dining room
I'm looking to switch it up a bit. My livingroom/dining...
Susan Gruhn Mennella
what size pendant over 36" square kitchen table?
I have 3 I'm considering. #1 is 20 dia x 19"h #2 is...
youngstown
Wallpaper or no for The Office space?
Ok, so I want to know what you people with great taste...
Poyan Varg
How many cushions for my sofa?
I'm thinking of ordering an 86" custom sofa (picture...
shal1217
Need help maximizing natural light.
The only source of southern light will be from a 1...
susing9