Need help with paint colors
lizdavispa
I would like to repaint my walls to compliment my light hardwood floors...not sure if I should go light or dark
minimumjoe
You don't seem to have an abundance of light coming in. I'd go lighter and, if you want a dark wall as an accent, go for it. From the pictures, my choice would be a dove gray.
December 9, 2012 at 6:04pm   
City Girls Decor
I'd do light too. How about choosing your favorite color?
December 9, 2012 at 6:14pm   
Lighter for the light challenged areas. You might go darker at the stairwell/foyer where the three doors let in light. Depends on the direction they face.
December 9, 2012 at 6:19pm   
lizdavispa
Thank-you for your comments, I love the idea of dove gray and perhaps a darker gray shade for the doors as decoenthusiaste suggests (the doors have a western exposure). Most colors turn pink in this space and using a true gray would eliminate that possibility.
December 9, 2012 at 6:28pm   
wenpan
I like the interior wall color at the attached photo, what color is it?
December 9, 2012 at 6:35pm   
olldroo
It is very hard to be specific about colours without knowing the aspect of your rooms, the amount of light they receive and an idea of your location/climate, to know if you your rooms need a warm or a cool colour.

I love your rooms as they are, they look very clean and fresh, but possibly a little austere. If you want a change, I think a little colour would look good. Is your dining area a separate room or part of the lounge area. I'm looking at your gorgeous rug and thinking I would like to see you pick up a soft shade of that green in it or is there a pinky/peach colour in that border that would complement the timber in your furniture. Your lounge looks grey in the photo so that colour would lift it too. Sorry I can't be specific with colours as I don't have your brands of paint and they just don't reproduce on computer.

Personally, I would like to see a rug in your lounge area, and I think some curtains would soften your rooms also. So glad to see some indoor plants, I am very much a plant person myself, and love to see them used.
December 9, 2012 at 6:35pm   
lizdavispa
Thank-you olldroo, the rug color you mention is a golden tone and the living room (lounge?) and dining room flank the foyer. My home is in Pennsylvania USA and our climate ranges from 90 degrees to 30 degrees, I do like the idea of a soft green in the dining room. I agree, the rooms are austere...I'm quite a minimalist and hate to dust!!
December 9, 2012 at 6:58pm   
wenpan
I find this photos online and I really like the wall color, I will choose the valspar paint, anyone has idea what color is it. I like this interior wall color and I'd like to paint my house with the same color
December 9, 2012 at 7:10pm   
tennisanyone
I know you didn't ask but I would find a big area rug for your living room and curtains first and then pull a color out for paint. Everything is so neutral that you need a pop of color.
December 9, 2012 at 7:11pm     
olldroo
OK, you are a bit colder than us but if your area faces west then green would be a good shade for you. Forget the golden tone that would look too hot. I have a west facing lounge room and have become quite expert at colours that make or break a west facing room and the afternoon sun. Minimalism is fine, (who does like to dust???) but I just feel your rooms need a little softening and curtains and an area rug in the lounge area would make the rooms more inviting.
December 9, 2012 at 8:24pm   
lizdavispa
Thank-you again olldroo, I will go with a light shade of green for the dining room.
December 10, 2012 at 9:47am     
Help!! Need help w/ exterior paint & trim colors...strange brick color
We are replacing our press board siding with cement...
Need help w/kitchen paint color & stain or paint color for cabinets
I am doing a budget friendly diy kitchen remodel (I,e...
Need to re-paint this home and need color help!
We want to repaint in a Spanish/Mediterranean color...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Urgent help!!!! Jacuzzi tub needs a dedicated electrical outlet
It's new construction and nobody caught the fact that...
Do you have a safe in your house?
Do you keep a safe in your home for storing valuables?...
What topics would you like to see more of?
Now that the shiny new Houzz UK has launched, we want...
Guest bedroom
Is it OK to mix and match wood.