Under bathroom sink drawer units or not?
merav
We are about to renovate our family bathroom. We have two young boys and I am not sure if I should go with two suspended sinks with nothing under or with two sinks and a drawer unit. I plan on installing a floor to ceiling thin closet so that should take care of towel and supply storage. any thoughts out there? thanks
Bill Fry Construction - Wm. H. Fry Const. Co.
Go for the drawers. There are many things they'll want to access from the sink area instead of the closet (and they won't be boys for long).
:) Rhoda
December 10, 2012 at 4:33am   
Gabberts Design Studio
I would suggest the sinks with drawer units. You won't regret having more storage as they get older.
December 10, 2012 at 4:53am   
Absolutely, definitely go for the drawer units. You won't be disappointed!
December 10, 2012 at 5:15am   
merav
thanks all...storage is key I know. the problem is that I am afraid that a double drawer unit under a double sink and a floor to ceiling relatively thin closet in a not so large bathroom will be too much. even though I plan on going white all over.
December 10, 2012 at 7:10am   
If you have a picture or two you could post, maybe we could help you better :))
December 10, 2012 at 7:18am   
I agree with maximize storage whenever possible, one option is to have a floating vanity for a more open feeling.

December 10, 2012 at 7:44am     
merav
I will post photos once demolition is done. And yes, its either floating double vanity or suspended sinks. thanks
December 10, 2012 at 11:47am     
orangecamera
Dytecture's suggestion is the best of both worlds. I like that it will be easy to clean under the hanging vanity....a must with boys and bathrooms!
December 10, 2012 at 12:10pm   
Parrish Construction
I would only do suspended sinks in a guest bath and not a primary bathroom, especially with young boys, for several reasons. I don't think cabinets going to the floor and a floor to ceiling cabinet would look 'too much', but you should draw it out first. Look at your storage needs--make a list--and make the cabinets go all the way to the floor, if you need the additional storage space.
December 10, 2012 at 12:48pm   
AMBIT Architecture
Drawers- good thing about drawers is you can reach the back of the cabinet by just pulling out the drawer instead of bending over and trying to search in the shadows. Deeper drawers are good, too.
December 10, 2012 at 1:34pm   
Macral Design Corp.
When you have decided , I would like suggest you some bathroom vanities with big storage capacity.
More options in my houzz profile. regards.

December 10, 2012 at 1:49pm   
What are your ideas on building out the cold storage room?
We are in need of a few ideas and photos for building...
Update my foyer please!
Our home was built in 1900 and is a classic American...
Need help with living room layout
Just moved into this place and need decor ideas for...
HELP THIS ROOM PLEASE!
This room is all wrong. I was obsessed with this zebra...
Need advice for DR Chairs
I would like to add two more chairs at the ends of...