Is there a back to the bench? Are you leaning against the windows?
hiensch
December 10, 2012 in Photo Questions
We have a breakfast nook area we are thinking of adding a bench to - but windows go kind of low. I don't think we have space for a back. Does this work for you?
subeeskitchen
There is a back, built at a slight incline for comfort. However, we didn't factor in the window sill trim, which extends out over the bench back. So the nice angled back doesn't do much good. However, the pillows help. For eating at the table, it's not really an issue. For lounging, people usually lean back in the corners of the bay, or lie down like it were a daybed.
2 Likes   January 1, 2013 at 6:25PM
krdc579
I don't know if you will see this or not, but I was so thrilled to see how you utilized your bay window space. My kitchen is shaped very similarly to yours, and I am going back and forth with moving my sink to the bay window or put in a banquette. My windows are low - 22" from floor. My concern was guests/kids leaning back into the windows. But, we have a beautiful view all the way to the ocean out these same windows. You have given me a lot to consider. Thank you for being so generous with all your information.
0 Likes   August 5, 2013 at 10:57PM
subeeskitchen
That's a tough one -- I've found that with all the pillows, people aren't really leaning back against the windows.
0 Likes   August 6, 2013 at 6:47AM
Need paint suggestions for Southern Living Tideland Haven house plan
My husband and I are building the Southern Living Tideland...
audley1975
Need help to change the furniture of this master bedroom
This is the bedroom and i want to change the cupboard...
anuradha1392
Please help with my dark living room full of instruments!
I'm trying to come up with the best design and furniture...
inmaryland
What's your favorite holiday decor item?
Is there a piece of holiday decor that you can't wait...
Help! Kitchen Layout ... New build
Hi! We are building a new home and are not sold on...
Brenna Pearce