New dilemma: under the counter lighting!
kenabrain
Hi, everyone! Need your assistance, once again. I would like to put in under the counter lighting and am running into yet another dilemma. My countertop is going to be Silestone Stellar Night which is shiny with specks of mirror in it. I know my choices are Zenon, flourescent, and LED. I hate flourescent, Zenon gets hot, but the LED strip lights were my choice. I'm learning that the "tape" that is used to stick to the cabinet won't hold up to the heat and moisture. I'm also concerned, as with all the lighting choices, that the reflection of the actual light is going to show on the countertop, instead of casting a dispersed light. Not sure to put it in the front or back, as I would like a scalloped effect, I think you get from the pucks, but am concerned that the height of the moulding isn't enough to hit them. Do I sound frustrated? Thanks!
betay
Our lighting designer just gave me these specs for undercounter lighting: Juno D3.2.11 and Juno D3.2.12. Don't know much about them other than that you can swivel them around and remove the "node" (equivalent to bulb in LED terms, I think) and that you should install at the front of the cabinets to direct light towards the backsplash--you can see it in the pdf sheet. You'll have to do more research on them. The puck lights (Lucifer NMPK1-3 LED) are very small at 1/2"-thick. I don't think you should use tape--I thought they should all be screwed in. Everything is a process right? It's b/c there are too many options out there and something's gotta give (I'm trying to remind myself of that). But thank goodness for this online community. Good luck!
December 11, 2012 at 9:57AM   
kenabrain
Thank you, Betay! I noticed I wrote Under the Counter instead of Under the Cabinet lighting. Guess the stress is getting to me. I'm assuming you knew what I was speaking of, though. I looked up those Juno #s but couldn't find anything, so Ill call the company tomorrow. So, are you not recommended the puck lights? You're right! Too many options. And yes, thank goodness for you guys!
December 11, 2012 at 8:19PM   
betay
My lighting designer was very excited about the Juno fixtures. I also had a rep who came in and showed them to us. the puck lights are just fixed, that's all--in case you are worried about the specks getting too shiny.
Too many options--the hardest thing I did last week was to pick a wall paint color for one of our rooms!!
December 17, 2012 at 8:28PM   
A Kitchen That Works LLC
I would recommend LED but not the tape. There are lots of options provided you have a recessed bottom to the cabinet or a piece of valance can be installed. I am somewhat partial to Task Lighting's Sempria LED undercab lighting. However, Kichler put out some models this year that are worth considering.
December 17, 2012 at 8:43PM   
What do you think of folding screens in the living room?
What do you think of using folding screens in the living...
Curb appeal? elementary school across
front porch? to cover or not to cover???
Ugly black stone fireplace!
We just purchased a brand new house and my husband...
How do I ground/add warmth to this area?
My home is modern and I love this reading corner but...
Color palette ideas for living room
We recently painted our living room accent wall with...