Need help with large windows
sandid3384
December 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
Condo has 3 windows that measure 9'x7' and not sure what to do with them without spending a ton of money
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Design Mode
I love your floors, brick wall, contemporary kitchen cupboards, industrial island and metal duct.
I would do something on the lower half of the windows- sheer pleated blinds, Romans, textured vinyl, or cafe curtains. Larger rods can go above the windows with side panels. Measure and order or buy ready made.
For a total look, fabric choices, etc. consult an Interior Decorator or Designer. They will save you money in the long run, with a total plan. Have fun.
December 12, 2012 at 6:49pm   
Darzy
I think white sheers is an inexpensive option. It also softens the brick and I like the juxtaposition of "hard" and "soft" on the wall. Great space.

December 12, 2012 at 6:57pm     
greenthumb2
decide which one has the best view (if any) and find a way to enhance that view. Other views that are not so great? I like artscapes from Home Depot. Lowes may also sell them. It is static window film. There are plenty of choices and the cling-ons are attachable with water and a sponge. Peel off any time. I have used them for uo to 12 years on door glass (inside) the home on interior glass and also on exterior doors (on inside glass) and they still look great. 28.00 per roll. especially good for privacy but allows light into home.

If you love the look of curtains, ikea does sell linen in a variety of colors. Easy to wash. Hang dry. Iron. Install. I've used Navy and White in two different rooms --work well. For kitchen, I like to be able to wash my window treatments.
December 12, 2012 at 6:58pm   
decoenthusiaste
IKEA also has a ceiling installation rod if you could use it on the living area windows. Don't think it will work with the AC ductwork for the kitchen. There I'd consider top down/bottom up shades.
December 12, 2012 at 7:31pm   
Darzy
The very cheapest option is indoor/outdoor matchstick blinds.
December 12, 2012 at 7:54pm   
Deborah Athanas
Why not go with a hunter douglas designer screen go to my hunter douglas .com to see them and get some ideas
December 12, 2012 at 8:50pm   
PRO
Budget Blinds
Our Innovations Tandem Shades allow you to block the light (if you want to watch tv) or filter the light.
December 12, 2012 at 10:27pm