Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kdraper

Wood Countertop

kdraper
11 years ago
How durable is this type of "finish" on the wood counter? It is gorgeous but I'm wondering if it will involve alot of maintenance??
Walnut Wood Countertop - Brooks Custom · More Info

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Brooks Custom
    11 years ago
    @kdraper -- This is our Marine Oil Finish. This is different from the sealed-and-oiled finish we use on our end-grain and edge-grain butcher blocks, which requires regular maintenance. We use this finish for our Premium Wide Plank tops, which is the highest grade of wood tops we offer. It's extremely durable. Water doesn't affect it and it doesn't stain, so it's idea for around sinks or wet areas. It requires very little maintenance, and doesn't need to be refinished over the years. Obviously, we still recommend chopping blocks for cutting, and trivets for hot pans and pots.
  • kdraper
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you! So is this your "Satin 40 Hand Rubbed Marine Oil" finish? I love the look!
  • PRO
    Brooks Custom
    11 years ago
    Thanks, kdraper! Yes, this is our famous finish. This particular countertop is actually one of the most requested, as far as wood species, stain and edging. Actually, we've had quite a few calls from designers and homeowners who saw it on this website!
  • PRO
    Brooks Custom
    11 years ago
    It really compliments the "white kitchen" style
  • eileenbrady15
    11 years ago
    I'm deciding between a Danbe marble slab and this wood look. I'm interested to know the price different between the two.
  • PRO
    Brooks Custom
    11 years ago
    @eileenbrady15 -- Well, if you have a price, or rough price of the marble slab, and the specifications of the countertop you're looking to get...We have a QuickQuote system you can try out on our website: http://www.brookscustom.com/request-pricing.php