Need help with the exterior...landscaping ideas
orchard8
Recently purchased this home and I need advice for new eavestrough, fascia, soffets and trim colour etc... The back deck will be removed next spring. I am considering a flagstone patio and also flagstone/stone veneer for front steps. Would this work??
Nice little mid-century! Wish your back was the entry. Quite nice. Go to your local paint store and search out typical colors from the era to see a wide range of choices.
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 6:57AM
orchard8
I agree! The front is lacking some serious curb appeal!
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 7:01AM
orchard8
Interior pics..this house is a totally new direction for me in style, (years of arts and crafts) I would like to keep it simple and contemporary. The kitchen cabinets are in great shape and I would like to keep them if possible. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 7:54AM
Debra Lloyd
Firstly I would find the correct sort of paint to cover the white windows. I found one easily at Benj. Moore a few years ago...Made all the difference...
The landscaping....sit down with the exact measurements of the land and where the house sits.
You will certainly be needing some soil....Design some round beds, to take away the squareness of the building. I love the house....go to some serious pics of Frank Lloyd Wright homes....grab some of those colours. Changing that entrance light in a more historical or contemporary fixture, may set the tone for the entrance....Perhaps funnel like, with light pointing down. Looks like a lot of fun.
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 8:02AM
orchard8
Great ideas! Here are interior pics
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 8:07AM
Debra Lloyd
Absolutely love the living room...not sure about the paneling behind the brick though.
I'm a retired chef, and I offer people advice about their kitchens. don't go for all the bells and whistles, but require high functionality... I don't know how large this kitchen is...My advice is go with the standard U work space. Sink, fridge, stove. If you have room for an island, perhaps with a large overhang and get some stools. I always advice people to go with as many drawers as possible...Looks like good light in there. I don't think granite all around is important...the island yes..especially if you bake at all. I converted a main floor bedroom into my kitchen and built a deck off the kitchen and installed glass doors..

As for the flag stone...its great I have some of it in different areas...see my back garden off the kitchen, I took a hose, and laid it down for this curve, and started digging out the lawn....Had cement dust gravel dropped ....It compacts nicely...and its very inexpensive....

Those towel bars are really ugly..Hanging towels from those might make the bathroom way too small and cluttery....Think about bringing the outside into the house in there....The tile looks decent....But for an update...perhaps a touch of glass tiles to match the floor somehow...and maybe just up the wall in front of the sink...for a splash....
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 8:57PM
Debra Lloyd
I'd also dig a French well for the eavestrough ...Sticking out like that doesn't help things....
0 Likes   December 16, 2012 at 9:00PM
orchard8
Would this exterior colour scheme work? I do not want to paint the brick.
0 Likes   December 17, 2012 at 6:15AM
Debra Lloyd
It's stubborn and will not blow up so I can see the actual colour..But you found it, and wondering what you think....This place is to enlighten...you probably will be the best person to decide....
0 Likes   December 17, 2012 at 7:12PM
Front exterior/landscaping struggles
We love the bones of the house, with a large living...
Jeremy Dew
Need help with my family home exterior and landscaping ideas
I am planning on doing some exterior repainting (façade),...
veselko
Need help with Exterior Landscaping ideas
We just purchased a rental house and it needs some...
bcmello
Need help with exterior and landscape ideas for house in NW GA
We are in the process of remodeling..... EXTERIOR ...
akelley7
Need help with ideas for exterior accent colors and landscape
I would appreciate any color scheme ideas for my exterior...
aareeda
White and Grey Cabinet Color Help Based on Flooring and Countertop...
Trying to find the perfect cabinet colors for my kitchen...
ehulson
Are cornice boards out of style?
I have a dining room window that I don't want to put...
Jessica Valind
rredpenn
Need help blowing up photos.
Hello Friends. Does anyone have good recommendations...
massimigliano
HELP with a window-less sink!
What should we put in this gap above where the sink...
mckyates18