Would these pieces make my small-ish, beige walled living room look too dark?
rocketshiprobot
December 17, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My living room has beige walls with white trim and tan carpeting. I found these pieces and I think they look good together, but would they look too dark in my small space? Would they look awful with beige walls? The dead astronaut is an art print and the blue and black triangle rectangle is a rug.Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Emily Hurley
Hi Rocketshiprobot, I really like the rug and the artwork and I think they could work together with the beige walls and with the sofa and bookcase, but I think the sofa might be a little off with the beige walls and tan carpet? Do you have photos of the room you can share?
December 17, 2012 at 2:30pm     
PRO
ATGStores.com
Hey, Rocketship! Awesome artwork and rug! We like where you're headed, but we agree with Emily on the color of the sofa. It might work, but a lighter slate color may help transition between the blue theme and the beige walls a little better. We've posted some sectionals from our selection in the blue/gray range just to give you some color ideas. We hope this helps and wish you luck!
December 17, 2012 at 2:43pm     
PRO
Woodcliffe Design
Nice prints! I agree the sofa should be a bit more subdued. I'd also recommend a light colored rug that adds texture rather than the blue that would compete with the prints. Add some throw pillows in a complimentary color. Let the light walls and other elements in the room be the backdrop rather than the feature - those prints can hold there own!
December 17, 2012 at 3:17pm   
rocketshiprobot
Okay, I think everyone is right - a lighter colored sofa would look a lot better. Now, should I stick with the black bookcase and black coffee table? Or would some other, lighter hue be better?
December 17, 2012 at 3:41pm   
houssaon
I like the black with the rug and the print, both of which have black in them. What are the other finishes available?

The real prpblem with the sofa was that the gray had a purple undertone, if it didn't it would have been fine. A true gray would be fine.
December 17, 2012 at 3:47pm