Paint color
alfaspark
I have an open concept living room, dining room, kitchen. I would like to paint each area a different color but want it to flow well. I've thought about using wallpaper for the dining room incorporating colors of the living room and kitchen. There's a lot of light in the living room. I like warm grays but am thinking about going for something more bold in the living room like a teal.
mmilos
Nice house! Your ideas are good. You could select a wallpaper you like for the dining room and paint your living room and kitchen coordinating colors.

Another idea is to choose a color you like for the dining room off a paint swatch with multiple tones. Then, paint your living room and kitchen different color tones off the same swatch. It helps with a coordinated look.
December 18, 2012 at 9:31am   
Jenna Emrich
I have the same set up in my condo. The rooms are separated by a similar drop from the ceiling as what you have. The first part of my space is a light, seamist color (which I actually hate) and the living room is a dark, teal green color. I like your idea of using wallpaper in one room and paint in the other. What if you used a bold wall paper on one focal wall (the wall that you see ahead of you as you walk into the space) and then pulled the most neutral color from it for the rest of the space? So if you used a paper like this (attached) all of the other walls would be this gray color, or different shades of gray.
December 18, 2012 at 10:14am     
Monica Ellison
I like the wallpaper. Take a look at HGTV's color palettes by Sherwin Williams. Nice colors that flows well from room to room. http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/hgtv-home-by-sherwin-williams/color-palettes/
December 18, 2012 at 12:46pm   
kah416
Here's a couple color ideas :)
December 18, 2012 at 7:04pm     
window trim - help!
Hi houzzers.... your help please! we have a window...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Which shades make you pale?
The colour of spaces you inhabit can make or break...
Bedroom makeover help needed
This bedroom needs a complete overhaul. (for sale pics)...