Help with 16 month old big boy room
twheat1
December 18, 2012 in Design Dilemma
We have already purchased the bedding that we will be using in the room, as shown on the bed. Looking for more ideas for decorating? Also, the armoire is huge & we can't buy new chest/dresser for the room so I am looking for ways to make this work in this little room. Right now, we are still using the baby bed some & the changing table daily. Eventually, both of these will go away. I'll be painting the room. I also have 4 8X10 pics of each of the construction vehicles on the bed. Ideas for colors & where to put everything? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
nasmijati
If you plan to repaint and keep the two-tone wall scheme, I would make the lower part no higher than 48 inches. Take the 8x10 prints of the vehicles and have them enlarged and printed on stretched canvas (I know Walgreen's pharmacy photo shop can do this.) Hang the prints in the lower section, so your son can touch them. Children at his age interact and learn about their environment by touching.
December 18, 2012 at 9:21am   
nasmijati
I would paint the walls with the same color of aqua/sky blue as the bedding. It is a calming color and makes it easier to fall asleep.
I would use a little bit of navy blue, like the checkerboard on the bedcover, for accents.
I would not add any more lime green to the room.
December 18, 2012 at 9:25am   
twheat1
The lime green is from the nursery bedding. I will get rid of that all. Ha! Sorry! I didn't think to specify that. I wasn't sure how far to go up on the paint but knew this was too high. Asking my husband to repaint it after I didn't like it the 3rd time would have been the death of me. :) Would you do the whole wall the aqua/sky blue or do you think that it would be better to do 2 different colors? I didn't think to have the art stretched on canvas. I will definitely check into that! Thanks so much!
December 18, 2012 at 9:47am   
Nancy Hehmann
https://www.etsy.com/listing/107007211/carousel-photography-merry-go-round

Here is a link to my photography shop with a picture of a carousel. I also have cute animals available. Etsy.com also has shops with cute wall decals for childrens rooms. Just input what you are looking for in their search engine. They also have custom clothes and you can contact each shop owner.

By the way, if you want pics of real construction vehicles, let me know I could take pics when I am visiting my son next. He is a civil engineer building a bridge but lives 5 hrs from me.
December 30, 2012 at 12:11pm