Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fratantoniluxuryestates

What do you like or would change about this Contemporary Entry Way?

Fratantoni Luxury Estates Design/Build/Remodeling
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Entry Way. What do you like or would change about this Contemporary Entry Way?

Entry · More Info

Comments (22)

• PRO
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thanks Angela, we appreciate the help!

Vince Fratantoni
    480-650-0223
  • PRO
    Aesthetic Tile Imaging
    11 years ago
    The wall just to the left of the entry might benefit from an artistic adornment. Please have a look at my Houzz page to see examples. I can reproduce any art or photograph digitally and fire it on an array of tiles. The result is completely weatherproof and will never fade. Smaller or narrow strip tiles can be more work, but will allow you to conform to the curvature.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you @Aesthetic Tile Imaging,

I will take a look at your work!

Vince Fratantoni
    480-650-0223
  • Shari P Kantor
    11 years ago
    It should be a bit softer--it kind of reminds me of the drive-in that Fred Flintstone visits--so maybe artistic tile inlay by Dave or interesting wood design on the overhang would help, along with the taller plants that Angela suggested. Possibly waterfalls instead of the columns.

Best,
    Shari

spkcreative@gmail.com

Holiday shop and do good at the same time:
    50% of profits from the following sites from November 2, 2012 to December 31, 2012 will be donated to the Food Bank of Monmouth and Ocean in honor of Sandy Survivors:)

Shari P Kantor Abstract Art: http://www.spkcreative.com/
    SPKCreative Fabric and Wallpaper Line: http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/spkcreative
    SPKCreative Stationery Line: http://www.zazzle.com/spkcreative*
  • PRO
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @Shari,

I like the idea of having taller plants. It would be interesting to see the artistic tile inlay on that side wall.

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays
    Vince Fratantoni
    480-650-0223
  • PRO
    Interiors International, Inc.
    11 years ago
    The place is amazing and I would love to live in it. With that said it needs more plants. On the curved wall which I assume is the stairs I would like to see the plants stair step up under each window. I would also add a round planter under the lights on each side of the door that has some color in it to draw your eye toward the entry. It would help it stand out against all the neutral colors on the house.
  • PRO
    Aesthetic Tile Imaging
    11 years ago
    The 'soaring' look appears to be an camera illusion. Do you have a view from a little further away?
    Ready to go whenever you want to do the tile.
  • apple_pie_order
    11 years ago
    The entry needs some life. If you can find a way to incorporate a water feature that might attract the occasional songbird or even a road runner, it would have much more interest. A large flowering plant on drip irrigation would be an alternative. Perhaps a carefully trained bougainvillea on the round turret might work. The rest of the landscaping would need to be reworked slightly in either case.

The lighting is good, the subtle colors are good. It could use some zing unless you are designing for the quiet entrance followed by interior entry drama. If the clients really want some changes, that might be what they want. How about painting the inset part of the roof overhang to imitate the dark blue sky with twinkling stars at night or lighter clear blue daytime sky with a few white clouds?
  • PRO
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Great observations everyone!

Really liked some of the ideas you have all brought up. It seems to me that a majority of you feel that this area needs to have "bigger" plants in the entry way. I for one, agree.

Do any of you have any pictures of the ideas that you have so I can show my clients?

Thank you,
    Vince Fratantoni
    480-650-0223
  • PRO
    TJP Designs and Construction LLC
    11 years ago
    Any possibility of adding a landscape pond with waterfall or fountain? The addition of a natural sound would add to the amazing entryway and hit all the senses at once.
  • apple_pie_order
    11 years ago
    I agree with TJP Designs. A small water feature from the same design theme and in the same coloration as the big pool (below) would be excellent. Moving water via waterfall or fountain is lively.
    Pool · More Info
  • PRO
    Aesthetic Tile Imaging
    11 years ago
    I like the thoughts about a water feature. Art tile is a nice compliment when used in conjunction with water. Abstract art might look best for this.
  • kitchenbathdesigner
    11 years ago
    possibly changing the driveway to an earth toned slate that complements the stone on the bottom of the walls. it needs some more gold and deep reds and richer tones to warm up the scale of the large glass windows and the warm rich tones would complement the green of the plants. its beautiful though.
    most people when buying a property want to imagine what they can do to make it their own. so if you do too much, they cant see past it to their own vision. and of course with modern, less is more.. but i like the ideas of more native plants and maybe some decorative wall sconces on the collumns. the collumns look lonely :-)
    if there are artists native to the area, maybe you can add some type of statue in copper or wood?
  • PRO
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I appreciate each and everyone of your responses!

They have really helped me and everyone at Fratantoni Luxury Estates. We will be overviewing each comment and see what changes we will end up doing.

It means a lot to our company to have such great constructive feedback that will allow our company to keep a grasp of what's to come in the future of our industry.

Best Wishes & Happy Holidays,
    Vince Fratantoni
    480-650-0223
  • Shari P Kantor
    11 years ago
    @Aesthetic Tile Imaging: Dave, I'm all in favor of abstract art:) Maybe we can team up on this project or a different one for Vince?

Best,
    Shari
  • PRO
    Aesthetic Tile Imaging
    11 years ago
    SPKCreative Abstract Art Yes, of course. Of course! However, since art is a personal choice (usually by the customer/client) their input is crucial and determinant.
  • Shari P Kantor
    11 years ago
    So true! Hopefully the client appreciates vividly cheerful abstract art and artistic tile:)

Best,
    Shari
  • lyvia
    11 years ago
    I don't like the pillars - too industrial, and the bases look crooked. If you took away the stone pillar bases, and surround the pillars full height with a square shape stucco in a terra cotta color, you would add warmth and personality and a warm frame for the door. Maybe put an iron decoration on them reminiscent of the black squares on the windows. Re-use the stone to make a bench.
  • Momof5x
    9 years ago
    It would be the ground layout at the entrance (the interlocking) as it limits walking space between the two posts. I would prefer the left hand side of the entrance to be the same as the right hand side-straight rather than at an angle.

Plus, one coloumn is on soil and the other I am assuming ( as I can't see behind the base) on concrete? Thinking foundation wise here. Otherwise a beautiful architectural structure.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Looks like a hotel lobby entrance.
  • AnhitA Nazeri
    6 years ago

I would design a very Futuristic Sculpture Water Fountain soothing