BUilding new house...need paint colors
1sreynolds
I need to pretty much paint every room in a new house. Hoping to get some help!!! I am normally a tan/carmel/dark brown.... but Ive come to like the greige/gray stuff. ALthough...my stuff goes w/ the warmer colors. Have a dining room that is partly open to entry that Id like a different color then main area. Also...my table is an orangy/red Brown...so greys prob wouldnt go well.
carolannr
I always think if you pick a base color in the greige line, then go with a couple of shades darker for an accent. The silvers may not go with your warmer colors but if you go with the warmer side of the greys - you need a good sized color deck to show you all the choices that will go great.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 7:30PM
1sreynolds
Is there any home builders out there that would tell me the popular colors right now? Like the actual paint colors.... ex. Shaker Beige by SW Need good Tan (with a tinge of carmel/yellow) for the main areas.... and a good brown and greenish color
    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 7:44PM
Sunday
I am not a home builder, but I am having a house built, and the interior was just painted. I used SW 7036 Accessible Beige at 115% with BM White Dove for the trim and I love the combo, it is a gray/beige, but leans more to the beige side. It is simple gorgeous and elegant.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 8:03PM
alwaysdesigning
I am a "warm" beige person with blues, greens and yellows that complement each other throughout the house. I had to work with a river rock fireplace so pulled warm colors that coordinate with it. I will suggest colors I am using (I painted every single wall before we moved into our preowned home that was still builder white after 6 years) and that I have been very happy with. They are not too dark and I have gotten lots of compliments. My living, main hall, guest hall and studio/office are painted SW Buckram Binding (I think they changed the name to Wheat) and is a wonderful warm golden beige. My master bedroom and bath are SW Jersey Cream, a very soft creamy yellow. The guest bedroom is SW Believable Buff; it has a palest tinge of sage in the tan and so I have the room in sage green ticking stripes, sage sheets, and a quilt in small prints of sage, navy, red in a quilted star pattern . The window and door trims I didn't touch and the whites go well with these colors in all the spaces.

The small bay windowed sitting room (was a breakfast room) which is at one end of the kitchen, I painted SW Juneberry which ties into the rug on that floor that also has all the colors in it of the walls of the other rooms, so everything ties together well. We have two love seats, 2 rescued vintage bookcases, 2 antique end tables with tiffany style lamps and an old trunk in the space. The dining is at the other end of the kitchen, and is painted Glidden's color Lily Pond, another accent color in that rug in the sitting room so it all ties together. The oak oval table seats eight and the oak chairs have curved backs. Look at the "family groups" of some of the paint companies and work from there to choose compatible colors. Also, if I see a color on a chip, it will usually turn out darker on the wall than I like, so I automatically go one or two shades lighter on that paint card and it turns out just the shade I want. Good luck.
1 Like    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 9:46PM
Shannon Sanderson
I was same as you, liked the tans, warm whites, etc. just painted my home, went with Benjamin Moore, classic gray, which is in their white family. So far love it, looks very close to white/gray in some rooms, other rooms has the greige look. Very happy with it!
1 Like    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 9:51PM
orangecamera
Another vote for SW 7036, Accessible Beige. The name doesn't describe the color well at all. If it wasn't for seeing others recommend it here on houzz, I probably wouldn't have even looked at it.

That said, paint looks different in various lighting and depending on what else is nearby. The recommendation is to paint a sample on foam core board, and move it around your room at different times if the day to see if you like it in your house.

Also, realize that color on your computer or phone is not accurate. There's really no substitute for looking at paint chips.
    Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 10:04PM
Orange and gray are good color combinations.

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 9:27AM
Walker Woodworking
I would suggest getting a designer to advise you on colors. They would know popular colors and have great ideas. Most often you can get a1 time visit or consultation. Most designers will not try to push you for more than what you need and can advise you on your whole house in an hour or less for selecting paint colors.
    Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 10:35AM
Brand new house, need ideas!
Hi Everyone, My husband and I building a brand new...
Corie Ives
Building a new house need help with the kitchen.
I am a bit conflicted between cream cabinets with a...
Linda Noon
Long front of house needs interest.
The front of my house is very long and needs something...
luv2fixup
New house, need help, first up ... PAINT color
So I just finished building with Ryan Homes and would...
coralis
Beach house needs new colors. please suggest.
Beach house needs exterior paint for walls and doors,...
colinewood
Wall color
I am not sure what color to paint my new kitchen. I...
annawvu
The exterior of my house needs updating?
We live in an area with cold winters. Currently we...
dwillcut
Condo "Walk in Closet"
I have a 5ft 11 in x 5ft 11in "walk in" closet in my...
rfragachan
Please Help! Kitchen, Laundry & Bath Remodel
Hi Everyone! I am planning to remodel my kitchen and...
faefrog
Need kitchen backsplash ideas.
We recently installed all natural maple shaker cabinets...
schmuttis